Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS4 help call  (Read 1245 times)

fredjeang

Photoshop CS4 help call
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:37:53 pm »

Don't know if you ever had that guys,

First time I'm seeing it and do not really understand:

I was working a PSB file of 1,42 giga and when I wanted to save one of the multiple layers I added, PS told me that my scratches disks where full (and they are of course not)
"Save as" in any different HDs couldn't solve anything and had to close the application without saving.

When I re-opened it, I had this message: "could not open a scratch file because the file is locked. use the properties command in the windows explorer to unlock the file".

So I can't launch PS CS4 again. (not that I can't re-open the PSB, I simply can't access again to Photoshop CS4 and got this message)

Tried to open in CS3, no problem, works perfectly.

Thanks for your help

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:41:10 pm by fredjeang »

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Photoshop CS4 help call
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:25:33 pm »

Hi Fred,

I´m not familiar with windows (you are a PC guy?) but I assume there is a preferences file like in MacOS. (This file contains the last custom settings, values of commands, position of windows etc) If you cannot find the probably crashed scratch file I suggest to rename the preferences file and you should at least be able to launch PS with the default settings. Good luck!

Cheers, Ulf

fredjeang

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:19:39 pm »

Hi Ulf,

Yes it's a PC unit.

Great idea, the preference file. It should work. Once I finish this advertising image on the cs3, (fortunatly I kept always the former version just in case), I'll try and post if it worked.

Cheers.

fredjeang

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »

Ps: how weired are the computers. What happened is that I had to manually unlock the .exe from the root that, for a reason I ignore, was locked for all users. (it happened after I gave the order to change the scraches disks order and I think a conflic might have happened while it was writting in one HD. Anyway...computer science is for me like chinese lenguage)
Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up