Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marshall video monitor, softboxes, studio equipt.  (Read 2011 times)

Jonathan H

• http://
Marshall video monitor, softboxes, studio equipt.
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:34:54 pm »

Clearing out a bunch of stuff for sale! Refining my gear and creating funding to cover some new purchases that I made.  I am in the NJ/NYC area and available for cash face to face deals as well. 

All purchases over $100 include free ground shipping in the USA. Worldwide shipping is available, PM for a quote.  Purchases under $100 ship at cost (usually $10 for a flat rate box). Any paypal/payment fees are the buyer's responsibility. I do not accept gift/personal payments. No shipping insurance is included in the purchase price. All items will be very securely packaged, but are no longer my responsibility once they are with UPS/USPS/etc. I recommend requesting an insurance quote if you wish coverage. If you would prefer to save money, a personal check or money order incurs no fees. I will accept Bank of America instant transfers (free) on a case-by-case basis. Local pickup in Northern NJ with cash payment is of course free and I will give discounts as well. I will also create package deals if you purchase a couple items or more.

All items include a 3 days from delivery inspection period. If you are unsatisfied, simply e-mail me to arrange a return. Once I receive the item, as long as it's in the exact shape I sold it in, I'll process a full refund less my shipping and/or insurance fees out to you.

I am not looking for any photo-related trades at this time.

Marshall V-LCD651ST 7" video screen - $999
This hooks up right to your DSLR's HDMI output. It's invaluable for shooting video or checking critical focus when shooting still life. It comes in the original case withe power cable. You will need to supply your own HDMI cable to match your camera. Batteries are also available for taking this off AC power. Functions perfectly.

Falcon Eyes 13' cushioned heavy duty stands - $65 each or $110 both
These are a UK brand of light stand. Well made, high quality. Definitely better than Impact (BH's house brand) but not quite at Manfrotto's level, IMO. All metal hardware/knobs for example, as opposed to plastic on Impact. They are cushioned with a big spring in the shaft. This means they can open close/much faster than air cushioned stands and still offer some protection in case you do something stupid. Air cushioned gives you total protection, but they're a pain to use. Pick your poison. They are the taller set of stands pictured just below. No damage, dents, bent metal, etc but certainly scuffed from use.

Impact 13' air cushioned stand - $45
Works fine, the most common budget stand in America I would guess. It worked for me, it will work for you. No damage, dents, bent metal, etc but certainly scuffed from use.  This stand is the shorter stand pictured below.

Gridspot for Mola Demi or any 22" beauty dish - $130 shipped
A vital accessory for anyone with a 22" beauty dish. A couple of the tiny cells in the grid are a bit dinged but it's otherwise in excellent physical shape.
Pic in use:

It was the main light source, high and dead center, in this shot. (Sorry about the crushed blacks, facebook has terrible image compression):

Westcott Scrim Jim 42"x72" frame - $250
This is the best lite panel/scrim/reflector on the market, hands down. Especially for location work because it's so stiff and light. I probably used this on 90% of my shoots, it's indispensable. I also have 3 fabrics for it - 1/2 stop diffusion, full stop diffusion, and a 2 sided reflector panel: gold/silver lam� on one side (for a warm sunlight reflection), silver (for pure color-neutral brightness) on the other. The frame sells for $115 and the fabrics sell for $65, $65, and $105 = $350 total. I'll sell everything for $250 and throw in a carry bag. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/66994-REG/Westcott_1892_Frame_for_Scrim_Jim.html. This is pictured below with the gold/silver reflector mounted. The other 2 panels are folding Calumet panels but they are sold.

Chimera Super Pro Softbox, Size L, with front Louvers/Grid - $250
Amazing softbox, 3'x4', white interior, comes with front louvers. The front panel (non removable) is recessed by about 4" so you don't get light spill everywhere, and you can add the louvers to make everything even more directional. The box retailed for $220, the louvers were another $195. Take them both, with a carrying case for $250. Of course you'll need the appropriate speed ring for your brand of lights.  The white interior of the softbox exhibits some very minor flaking near the rear opening of the box, probably from the heat of the modeling lamps over the years.  It is in perfect functional shape. I would venture a guess that you could actually return the box to profoto and get a brand new one replaced under their lifetime warranty, but of course I make no guarantees of any sort.

Here is a pic of the louvers on the softbox:

Dynaphos 36" octobox - $65
It's an ebay brand octo. Perfect shape... looks pretty much brand new. Includes removable gold and silver internal reflector panels so you can warm up or cool down the light. I think I paid about $100, yours for $65.  This is a very affordable but well made accessory to have in your kit.

In use on location:

Various accessories

� Superclamps - Only 1 left, no stud included.  $16

� Tiny ballhead on a stud - $15. You can pop this in a superclamp and mount a hotshoe flash anywhere at any orientation. Very nifty. SOLD

� Umbrella swivels - 2 pictured. BOTH SOLD They are short, compact, and all metal - much better than the normal swivels. They fit on any standard light stand and hold any hotshoe flash. $11 each. BOTH SOLD

� 2 Quantum cords. One for Canon 580EX and one for a Sunpak 120J. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you a price

� Pocket Wizard mounting plate - $5 or free with any order over $300. Found this lying at the bottom of a gear bag, I've had it for a couple years. It's the long oval thing at the bottom of the pic.

� Set of 3 feet for a tripod. The rubber feet are soft for shooting indoors, or screw upwards to expose a sharp steel spike for shooting outdoor or on rough terrain. $15 for the set.

� Canon eye piece magnifier (with brand new, never used before rubber eye cup which is not pictured) - $20

� Steel cables for elevated lighting. These are critical any time you'll have clients, talent, models, or athletes underneath lighting. If you ever forget to lock down the thumbscrew (or it breaks) and a 15 lbs strobe drops on a little girl's face, your career is over. Take them all for $15.

� Grip pancake swivel - just like it looks in the picture. $15. SOLD

� Grounding wire for battery packs. Think is from the original Buff Vagabond I. $5

� Canon white lens case for 300 F4 IS - $30

� Black sandbag. Filled with steel shot. About 15-20lbs. Very nice bag, retails for over $50 IIRC. Yours for $26

� Manfrotto steel weight - SOLD

Various speed rings

Clockwise from top left:
� White speedring for using hotshoe flashes with a standard softbox. SOLD.

� Octo ring for any softbox OR octobox. Very high quality. Currently has a Dynalight collar but it can be easily swapped out with any other collar. $45

� Profoto speedring by Chimera. Selling one of these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/13811-REG/Chimera_2330_Speed_Ring_for_Profoto.html Will fit any Profoto head except for the very newest D1 lights. Totally off topic, but Profoto shot themselves in the foot with the D1 lights in my opinion. But I digress.... Anyway, some surface scuffs and scratches from use, but no damage of any sort. Perfect functionality. It's a speedring folks, let's be serious. $85. I also have a Profoto sync cord - 1/4" mono to 3.5mm mono. $10 with the speedring, $13 to ship it separately.

� Basic Chimera square plastic speed ring. Has no collar attached. Add any collar for your brand of light. $10

� Generic speed ring. Uses the 3 post attachment system... possibly Balcar? Or Bowens? Some other lights use this system as well. I don't remember. $10.

� Basic metal speedring. No visible brand. Has no collar attached. Add any collar for your brand of light. $10

Lastolite white balance disk
Lastolite EzyBalance 12" model. Comes with the carrying case. Everything functions perfectly. (The reflector in the picture below is sold.  Only the white balance disk is available). $18.

Long walks on the beach, nights by the f
Pages: [1]   Go Up