Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Hypermac Battery for location work?  (Read 1691 times)

DeeJay

Anyone using Hypermac Battery for location work?
« on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:26 am »

Interested in one of these Hypermac Batteries. Not sure which size is really needed. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on real world life for all day use with a macbook pro?

Thanks,

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperJuice-External-Battery-for-MacBook-iPad-iPhone-USB-s/91.htm#BuyNow

DeeJay

Re: Anyone using Hypermac Battery for location work?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:21:31 pm »

So I got one of the 222wh models and pleased to report I got a long day shooting out of it. Screen brightness at full, not much sleep time  and backing up to an external bus powered RAID drive while shooting. Started at 9am and it ran out at about 8:30pm.

Thing is awesome. Not the 24 hours as advertised but I'm really satisfied with the life I do get from it. Battery life used to be a stressful part of remote location shooting so I'm glad to say goodbye to that. A major plus is also being one battery and one 3 hour charge, no need to continually wake up at night to put all the batteries on charge for the next days shoot.

Thought someone would appreciate the real world experience to take out the gamble with buying.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:27:09 pm by DeeJay »

mediumcool

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:37:05 am »

Thanks for that. Is direct vehicle charging possible, or do you have to go via a Magic Box? Couldn’t see anything specific.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

DeeJay

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 07:21:20 pm »

The 222wh comes with a separate car charger in the box. No need to use the magic box at all unless you want to charge the hypermac battery with your Apple Charger. Saves you bringing 2 chargers with you but I'd rather carry another charger than hack my apple one up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up