Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 3 print module - showing computed DPI for an image  (Read 3782 times)

abridge683

Lightroom 3 print module - showing computed DPI for an image
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »

In the video series on Lightroom 3 they show the image presented with filename and the computed DPI of the print for the paper size and image size specified. I can't figure out how to show the computer DPI for the image. Just to be clear, this information was shown on the image's display on the selected template. I'd love to see this information but I can't see where it came from.

Thank you!

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Lightroom 3 print module - showing computed DPI for an image
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:55:09 pm »

Uh huh...so you missed the part where I explained you need to click on the Dimensions option in the Guides panel? Note, you do need to have Resolution unchecked in the Print Job panel to see the native image PPIā€“NOT DPI, weren't you paying attention? Ain't not "dots" in Lightroom or Photoshop, just pixels :~)

abridge683

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:05 pm »

Hanging my head in shame . . . yes, teach, I must missed that part while the dog was eating my homework! Foot pushes around empty kodachrome boxes littering the floor of the studio...and old used pixels that have been leaking out of my M8.

Thanks for point this out to me. I'll have to try to find it in the video series.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »

Foot pushes around empty kodachrome boxes littering the floor of the studio...

Hope you got that crap processed already...all the Kodachome lines have closed, ya know...can't get that stuff processed anymore :~)

meyerweb

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 05:55:51 pm »

Hope you got that crap processed already...all the Kodachome lines have closed, ya know...can't get that stuff processed anymore :~)

There's something sad about that.  While I love digital, and transparencies are probably inferior by most objective methods, there's just something about Kodachrome.... Especially on a 48x48 inch screen.  (I've been going through my father's Kodachromes from the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s and getting some of them scanned.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up