Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Profoto  (Read 1666 times)

ChristopherBarrett

Dear Profoto
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:00:34 am »

PLEASE FIX THE STUDIO AIR SOFTWARE!

Sorry...  I've been living without it's functionality for months now and had to vent.  The "Studio Air" version no longer finds all my D1's successfully and often crashes the system (Mac) and the new "Profoto Studio 3" software leaves me wanting to smack all of Sweden on the forehead.  What the hell were they thinking with that?

In Studio 3, I can't find anyway to name or control my heads individually and there is NO manual.  WTF?

If you're going to tout the remote control of your awesome new products via software then the software needs to WORK.

Frustrated Barrett.

Like I need another reason to ditch all the strobe and go HMI.

/RANT

michele

Re: Dear Profoto
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:18 am »

Why don't you try the capture one application for the profoto strobes?

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:12 am »

Hi Chris,

I´m sorry to hear you are in trouble with the fair haired swedish virgins, but I guess with HMI you´ll open up a different can of worms. I´m exploring HMI right now, strange new world (at least for me)...
The whole topic does not seem to be that easy, with the swiss packs we use sometimes one or another unit simply seems to vanish. Good luck,

Cheers, Ulf

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:57:11 am »

I totally agree. Studio 3 is even worse than Studio AIR. I cannot believe Profoto dared to have that leave the premises. It is not even worthy to be called Beta software. It is buggy, ugly, sluggish and lacking in functionality. Try using Studion 3 on a 30" screen. You cannot resize the windows making it so small it is almost impossible to push the right buttons!

Using a cable with Studio AIR at least I could use the AUX functions remotely but now with Studio 3 I can no longer use an USB cable (although it is advertised that you can!) and it is impossible to use the AUX functions remotely :(

I have also complained with Profoto, I hope you did the same.

The rotten part is that with my beloved D4Air (which used to be an D4R) I can no longer use Studio AIR but have to use Studio 3.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:00:10 am by Dustbak »

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 09:37:02 am »

I even tried to appease the Swedish gods by bleaching my hair!

fredjeang

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:16:15 pm »

It's not taken with the Epic...tell me it's not...please. ::)

Comment ça va le français?

Hey, I'll do in a close future a movie on a Chicago singer (a woman), and it's very exciting, she is good and pushing. I can't reveal today the name because I'm supersticious and once a project is not booked I don't speak, but if all goes like I hope I'll tell you. At first I won't travel to Chicago because she will be on tour in Europe, but we might go to your city at one point to film. For the moment just the european filming has been allowed by her producer.

Good luck with the strobes.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up