Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparing photographs - details too far apart?  (Read 1469 times)

dreed

Comparing photographs - details too far apart?
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:32:05 pm »

When I'm in "compare" mode to see which is the sharpest of a pair (or set) of pictures, I find that it can be quite difficult to pixel peep because the pixels that need comparing are quite some distance apart (I cannot get them any closer than 1/3 of the screen width.)

Is it possible to get them closer?

Or even better, have the image on the right mirror that on the left so that the right edge of the photo on the left meets up with the right edge of the one on the right...

I tried using a horizontal flip to do what I want, but it doesn't quite work - when I magnify on the middle of the screen, I get the right edge of both photos - not what I want.

thoughts?

michael

Re: Comparing photographs - details too far apart?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:22:46 pm »

Have you tried unlocking the Padlock?

Michael

dreed

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:02:02 pm »

In compare, I could not find any padlocks, but there is an "Unlink focus" (right flick on the picture for us windows folks) that does the trick!

Thanks for the tip.

Bahi

• http://shootraw.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:55:04 pm »

In compare, I could not find any padlocks, but there is an "Unlink focus" (right flick on the picture for us windows folks) that does the trick!

The padlock is in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The T key acts as a toggle that you can use to quickly show and hide the toolbar.

One shortcut for moving a single image separately when in Compare is to hold down the shift key while dragging the image you'd like to move; that way, there's no need unlock the focus link — it's unlocked only while shift is held down.

I seem to remember the shortcut being option/alt some versions back but that might be my aged synapses.

dreed

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:17:01 pm »

The padlock is in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The T key acts as a toggle that you can use to quickly show and hide the toolbar.

I have finally realised why I did not see that padlock yourself and Michael have mentioned - I have that toolbar turned off so that I get as much of the screen used for viewing images as possible.

One shortcut for moving a single image separately when in Compare is to hold down the shift key while dragging the image you'd like to move; that way, there's no need unlock the focus link — it's unlocked only while shift is held down.

Indeed, this also works.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up