Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locations in europe  (Read 3709 times)

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Locations in europe
« on: May 05, 2003, 05:20:33 pm »

I will probably regret this because it should stay a secret, but the Danube Delta, Romania, is pretty near the top of the pack. Long way from the Netherlands but that never bothered a Dutchman :-)

Closer to the Netherlands...  well Norway is quite scenic. Obviously it was all done first in Yosemite, but still, it's not a bad effort.
--
David Mantripp

Tony Collins

Locations in europe
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 08:27:37 am »

The Cares gorge in the Picos mountains Northern Spain is good if it's rugged you want. Easy to get to from England with a direct ferry (24 hours) from Plymouth to Santander, about 3hrs drive away

Giedo

Locations in europe
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 06:00:16 pm »

Hi,

I was wondering if some European photographers are willing to exchange ideas on nature or wildlife photography locations on this side of the Atlantic... Where is the 'European Bosque del Apache?' ???
Especially places in or close to my home country (Netherlands)are of my interest. Anyone?

Thanks, Giedo
Giedo

Bob Stevenson

Locations in europe
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 02:41:47 am »

I don't understand "...obviously it was all done first at Yosemite..."  Perhaps you could explain.   Norway is like no other country and hard to photograph because of its vast brooding atomosphere with the weather changing constantly.

Every time I look at 'LL' I am surprised by the apparently huge differences between European and American photographers which I can only assume is cultural.  This makes it difficult to know what an American photographer would consider worth shooting.  Here in England we have arguably the greatest range of landscape in the smallest area  but much of it requires a subtle approach loosen its secrets.  You could look at the work of Charlie Waite to give you some clues.

AWeil

• http://www.awl-photo.com
Locations in europe
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 05:53:44 pm »

What is it exactly you are looking for? The European landscape is so divers and unfortunately, it is increasingly difficult to find true nature. Probably hardly any - everything is cultivated. I don't think there is any native forrest left, except in some parts of Rumania or Transsilvania - there, they even have brown bears (I just saw a reportage on a photo-tour & bears). Otherwise, there is great beauty right out of my front door, which is in the South West (!) of Germany, some six hours drive from your location. Best, the border region between Germany and France with lots of interesting sandstone formations (valued by climbers), strange remenants of castles mixt in and within an hour drive of good restaurants (on the French side) & affordable accomodations (on the German side). To get to the better places, you do have to hike in for about 1 to 3 hours. Regional topographical hiking maps are available. Better to go on weekdays (Tuesday to Friday) - because Sat. & Sun. everybody seems to think the region is fun and Mondays the restaurants are closed.
Angela
Pages: [1]   Go Up