Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Bracket with Panasonic G2?  (Read 2391 times)

sanking

Auto Bracket with Panasonic G2?
« on: October 14, 2011, 02:16:46 pm »

Can anyone tell me how the auto bracket system of the Panasonic G2 works?  That is, how many shots does it fire off automatically when you choose auto bracket, and the range of exposure between shots that is available. And other comments about performance in this mode that you consider appropriate.

Sandy

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Re: Auto Bracket with Panasonic G2?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:41:49 pm »

If it's similar to the GH2...

Menu
Record
Auto Bracket
Select (right arrow)
Step
Select (right arrow)
scroll up and down to select the one you want, the GH2 goes from 3 shots at 1/3 stop all the way to 7 shots at 1 stop - I'm set at 5 images @ 1 stop

Make sure you hit the menu/set button to save the configuration

FWIW you need to hold the shutter down until the selected number of images are fired off.

sanking

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:03:18 pm »

Your comment about having to hold down the shutter was very useful. Other cameras that I have used would just fire off all the shots with one press of the shutter button and I was having trouble understanding why the G2 would not do the same. And I used the auto bracket on a tripod with the self-timer. It would appear that it is not possible to use the auto bracket feature in conjunction with the self-timer with the Panasonic G2?

Sandy

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »

Your comment about having to hold down the shutter was very useful. Other cameras that I have used would just fire off all the shots with one press of the shutter button and I was having trouble understanding why the G2 would not do the same. And I used the auto bracket on a tripod with the self-timer. It would appear that it is not possible to use the auto bracket feature in conjunction with the self-timer with the Panasonic G2?

Sandy

I was surprised as well. Akik you can't do it with one short press with the timer on. Would be certainly better that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up