Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reduce waste on ipf8300  (Read 689 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
reduce waste on ipf8300
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:18:52 am »

Hi all,
   I'm generally in love with my ipf 8300 but printing broderless 8x10's on a 10" roll makes me batty. The printer overprints by about an 8th of an inch - fine. Then it cuts off 4" of paper to compensate. using 66% of a roll of paper is a terrible waste of money, paper and patience. is there any way to tell the printer to cut of 1/2" instead of 4" why does it have to waste such a huge strip of paper?
thanks for your ideas
Mark

All Thumbs

Re: reduce waste on ipf8300
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:42:25 am »

Hi Mark,

A lot of people have complained about similar problems.  I will assume that you are using the Canon print Plug-in, if not ignore this. (I use a Mac by the way, the pc is probably similar).

There can probably be several different causes for your problem but when I had a similar problem this is what I had to do.  Under "page setup" there is a section called "paper source" which in this case is roll paper.  There is also the button in that section for "roll paper options..." click on that button and a pop-up box will appear.  There is an option in that dialog box which reads "No spaces at Top or Bottom (conserve paper)"
If the box is already checked good luck, I haven't helped, but if it isn't checked give it a try.
DDeloof

Pages: [1]   Go Up