Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How often does Canon have good promotions on the iPF6300?  (Read 3447 times)

Garrick L

How often does Canon have good promotions on the iPF6300?
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:18 am »

How often does Canon have good promotions on the iPF6300? In searching this forum it sounds like there have been some really aggressive ones since the iPF6300 was anounced but there doesn't seem to be anything much at all right now compared to the instant $1K on the Epson 7900.

I'm ready to buy but I'm hoping for a decent promo to happen. Any prediction?

Cheers,

-Garrick
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:09:45 am by Garrick L »

Garrick L

Re: How often does Canon have good promotions on the iPF6300?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:59:49 pm »

No thoughts from anyone??? Shurely some of you must have a feeling for what Canon historically does regarding their promo's ???

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:29:58 pm »

No thoughts from anyone??? Shurely some of you must have a feeling for what Canon historically does regarding their promo's ???

Here in Australia - Canon offer a once a year promotion on LFP's around tax time.

In the USA I have no idea.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:34:30 pm »

Ya might wanna wait a few hours before chiding the LuLa populous, ya know? Jeeesh..instant gratification anybody? Your OP was tagged at 8:06 AM and your 2nd post was 9:59...that's less than two hours. Ya wanna hold your breath just a little bit?

Garrick L

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 01:17:25 am »

Ya might wanna wait a few hours before chiding the LuLa populous, ya know? Jeeesh..instant gratification anybody? Your OP was tagged at 8:06 AM and your 2nd post was 9:59...that's less than two hours. Ya wanna hold your breath just a little bit?

Woha, sorry to have sparked a little excitement in you there, I actually posted the original question a day ago and it had 30 plus views with no reply. What you see regarding "Your OP was tagged at 8:06 AM and your 2nd post was 9:59...that's less than two hours" is when I made an edit to remedy my spelling of a few words.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:21:13 am by Garrick L »

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »

If you are interested in a Canon printer you should go to Canon and talk to one of their managers. Here in NZ they are amenable to discussions over price. Don't forget there are a lot of extras that can go with a printer and these may load up the cost of a "sale" price. Extra paper, ink, service management agreement, training, installation, delivery etc.
Alternatively places like Shades of Paper often have good deals. Google is your friend here.

Garrick L

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:08:43 pm »

Thanks David, yes, I have been googling until my eyes are going google on this. I have asked four resellers what their very best price is for a package deal of the printer and two rolls of media delivered to my home with lift gate service. The quotes are coming in and I just about have them all now. I just wish there was a promo similar to the Epson 7900 which I am still hung up on whether to get, or the Canon iPf6300. I know that the images are going to be equal, it's just some of the horror stories I have been reading on the 7900. I even sent an email to Canon USA HQ about having no promotions compared to Epson but only received a reply saying that they passed it on to the appropriate department. Probably won't hear another word!

Garrick L

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 12:00:50 pm »

Well, since waffling back and forth between the Canon iPF6300 and the Epson 7900 and seeing that Canon isn't offering any promo's or didn't reply to my email to them about any upcoming promo's, I ordered an Epson 7900.

Cheers,

Garrick

GaryBarker

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:03 am »

Garrick,
Although two days after your purchase decision perhaps a bit of confirmation would be pleasant.

You made an excellent choice. Although the Canon product with the X300 series printers has dramatically improved, the Epson still maintains a slight edge in terms of image quality, specifically in the highlight and shadow details. It also often offers a more smooth tonal range, specifically in the mid-tones/half-tones.

In addition, the spindle (no longer used on Epson) is a great feature making ease of use and reduction of mis-feeds another great benefit. The cutter is much improved both in terms of durability and also in terms of mechanics. It offers a smoother cut and was redesigned to eliminate dusting from coming in contact with the print head which in the end reduces any print head clog issues you may have had previously on other models.

The Epson affords you a significantly larger ink tank capacity which makes a big difference in your ink costs.

In the end, while you get a good and sellable print from both models I think you made a wise choice. Congratulations on your new printer!

Gary Barker
National Sales Manager, DTG
1-800-681-0024
Gary Barker
DTG National Sales Manager

Garrick L

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 03:06:41 pm »

@ Gary Barker, thanks so much for the reply to my post, I'm really excited to get it set up and printing  :)

GaryBarker

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 03:14:51 pm »

If you have any questions during set up you can also go to YouTube and search for dtgweb. We have created a series of videos to walk you through the set up of this printer which could prove to be helpful.

If you are in need of any samples as well just let me know and I would be happy to send some out to you.

Happy Printing!

Gary
Gary Barker
DTG National Sales Manager

Garrick L

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 10:34:35 pm »

If you have any questions during set up you can also go to YouTube and search for dtgweb. We have created a series of videos to walk you through the set up of this printer which could prove to be helpful.

If you are in need of any samples as well just let me know and I would be happy to send some out to you.

Happy Printing!

Gary

I have watched those videos and plan to do so again prior to setting mine up, thanks. Also, thank you for the offer regarding samples. This is my first LF printer, as I have been getting my work done at a local lab. I ordered ta roll of the Exhibition Canvas in satin and a roll of the professional semi matte photo. I'm thinking I might want to get the Exhibition Canvas in matte as well and I would welcome your input as to other media for fine art landscape.

I'm really excited to be able to controll my image output and am so looking forward to having my own printer of this calibre. Thanks Gary :)

narikin

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:39 am »

Well, since waffling back and forth between the Canon iPF6300 and the Epson 7900 and seeing that Canon isn't offering any promo's or didn't reply to my email to them about any upcoming promo's, I ordered an Epson 7900.

You may well have ended up with the right printer for you, but this is the wrong way to make a decision.
You can't write to companies cold and demand to know when their next discount promotion is (and make a stink about it when they don't reply) It doesn't work like that!

Regardless - rebate level should not be the final arbiter in finding the correct machine for you.  This is said neutrally as I own both wide format Epson and Canon.

As a gesture of support in case you think this is just a reprimanding post - one advantage of Epson not stated regularly is the availability of inks on Ebay.  Factory ink, not refills. Much cheaper than new. In date or (even cheaper) out of date.  Canon has almost none on there, due to a much smaller user base, so you end up paying list. ouch.

Garrick L

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:15:51 am »

You may well have ended up with the right printer for you, but this is the wrong way to make a decision.
You can't write to companies cold and demand to know when their next discount promotion is (and make a stink about it when they don't reply) It doesn't work like that!

Regardless - rebate level should not be the final arbiter in finding the correct machine for you.  This is said neutrally as I own both wide format Epson and Canon.

As a gesture of support in case you think this is just a reprimanding post - one advantage of Epson not stated regularly is the availability of inks on Ebay.  Factory ink, not refills. Much cheaper than new. In date or (even cheaper) out of date.  Canon has almost none on there, due to a much smaller user base, so you end up paying list. ouch.

Thanks for the post, but to me it wasn't the wrong way to make a decision, as I researched both of them pretty deeply by talking to people and reading everything I could find and I believe I would have been pleased with either one. With that said keeping about $300 USD in my pocket was equal to my choosing the outcome of a coin toss so to speak.

Regarding "writing to companies cold and demand to know when their next discount promotion is and make a stink about it when they don't reply"  I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion because I didn't demand anything, I simply sent an email to the address listed on the Canon USA website (where it says email us if you have questions) and stated that I was very interested in their product and was wondering if/when they would be sponsoring another promotion like they have in the past. Also, posting on here the outcome and how I arrived at it to me is hardly "making a stink about it".

Thanks for the heads up on Ink on ebay, I shall look into that  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up