Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you printing today?  (Read 9866 times)

Sven Bernert

Re: What are you printing today?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »

Yes, I do use Fotofusion quite a bit, the latest windows version (4.5) is quite stable. Great software although it still is work until it looks perfect. I tend to reposition / reframe every single image within a collage until it looks right, but thats just me. Interestingly people love those big sheets with all the small images on it.

Sven
If you are out there shooting, things wi

GEOFFREYJAMES

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »

I try to print a half dozen 16 20's a day to keep my Epson 4900 on its toes.  Here are some from today, from different projects, but recent images. 

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 11:21:32 pm »

Slow day. Two canvas prints for a client.
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

WPalank

• William Palank Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:39 pm »

I was notified late last night that I was a Finalist in the Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series Contest. So I spent part of the day creating the print below on my Epson 7900 and ImagePrint RIP at 21"x30". Have until Thursday to get it Framed and to the Gallery for the juried competition. Ohhh boy....

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 12:36:05 pm »

What are you printing today?

Well, I've been printing these images...a project for Epson which will be displayed at Photo Expo in large 40" x 60" backlit displays. The material is the Epson DisplayTrans backlight media printed on my 9900. The project was a collective effort of photographer Greg Gorman shooting the model, Robb Carr doing the retouching, Bert Monroy doing the tattoo designs and me doing the application of the tats onto her skin in Photoshop using my history blending technique. If you're at Photo Expo in NYC this week, check out the Epson booth and tell me how they looked...

na goodman

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »

They look great, wish I could see the prints in person. On another note what is the "using my history blending technique"?

Schewe

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 01:15:49 pm »

They look great, wish I could see the prints in person. On another note what is the "using my history blending technique"?

Well, it's complicated :~)

I've written it up in the book I did with Martin Evening; Photoshop for Photographers: Ultimate Workshop.

It boils down to using history snapshots to blend back and forth between the snapshot of the tattoo and the skin without the tattoo using partial blends of multiply, screen and overlay with fill from history and painting in using the history brush.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 01:49:32 pm »

And here I foolishly thought she had been to LA Ink and they were real tatoos!!!!

na goodman

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »

Thanks Jeff. It doesn't sound like a technique I have used before. Interesting. Hope you give us a little bit of info on how the Expo was (if you are attending). I really wish I could go. I'm long overdue for a trip to NY.

David Good

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »

Printing baby pictures and fall landscape shots on my 3880 through Qimage on Harman Gloss FB AI Warmtone and Hahne PR Baryta. Also one of a Great Blue Heron that I have become quite friendly with. A mixed bag today.

Interesting technique and results Jeff! 8)

Schewe

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 02:59:23 pm »

And here I foolishly thought she had been to LA Ink and they were real tatoos!!!!

We did a LOT of tattoo research believe me. At one point the thought was to actually paint the tattoos on and there was discussion with the same body painter that did the Vanity Fair cover with Demi Moore wearing a suit. But the length of time it takes to apply even painted tattoos was too excessive...Greg had a day to shoot the model so I had convinced the people involved that I could apply the tats after the fact. It's the same technique that I used to do Globe Hands which is on my web site at www.schewephoto.com.

The one thing I wasn't prepared to do is the tattoo design. That's why Bert Monroy came on the team. Bert designed the tattoos to work with the Fibonacci Numbers of 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 89, 144, etc. based on Fn = Fn-1 + Fn-2. That was the part of the job that made my brain hurt :~)

Here's a small 100% zoom view of the dragon head...

davidh202

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 04:15:03 pm »

Jeff you are definately Da Man!

I have your book and will be definately be looking for the "History technique" as soon as I get a chance. I am extremely interested in how you managed to get the skin texture into the tats!?

David

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 06:14:32 pm »

We did a LOT of tattoo research believe me. At one point the thought was to actually paint the tattoos on and there was discussion with the same body painter that did the Vanity Fair cover with Demi Moore wearing a suit. But the length of time it takes to apply even painted tattoos was too excessive...Greg had a day to shoot the model so I had convinced the people involved that I could apply the tats after the fact. It's the same technique that I used to do Globe Hands which is on my web site at www.schewephoto.com.

The one thing I wasn't prepared to do is the tattoo design. That's why Bert Monroy came on the team. Bert designed the tattoos to work with the Fibonacci Numbers of 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 89, 144, etc. based on Fn = Fn-1 + Fn-2. That was the part of the job that made my brain hurt :~)
Sports Illustrated started doing some body painting for their annual swimsuit issue some years ago and it took virtually all day to get the painting done right.  I assumed it would be the same thing here.  Wonderful technique to get the colors and designs just right.  And of course the models can send the pictures back to their family who will at first be horrified that their daughter had abused her nice skin in this way only to be relieved to find out it was the masterful Schewe and PS!  Kudos!

Schewe

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 01:01:43 am »

I assumed it would be the same thing here.  Wonderful technique to get the colors and designs just right.  And of course the models can send the pictures back to their family who will at first be horrified that their daughter had abused her nice skin in this way only to be relieved to find out it was the masterful Schewe and PS!  Kudos!

Well the congrats to the design go to Bert (and Dano from Epson) and the original shots to Greg Gorman but placing the tats is all me :~)

It ain't "easy" but it's doable...as indicated, the exact process is explained in the book.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up