Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo Auto Rotation Sensor Problem (ActiveRotationII)  (Read 4325 times)

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
Eizo Auto Rotation Sensor Problem (ActiveRotationII)
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:29:28 am »

Anyone ever have a problem with the sensor in their Eizo not recognizing the monitor's orientation (H/V)?

My CG211 (2.5 years old) went wonky late last night, all of a sudden the internal rotation sensor kicked in switching between horiz and vertical while the monitor was horizontal, perfectly level and untouched. After 5-7 seconds it decided it was in vertical orientation and stayed there. I turned off the ActiveRotationII feature, did some computer maintenance and other testing, and got it to reset to horizontal. I tested the monitor with other computers and it behaves the same way.

Now I can turn the rotation sensor on again and it's ok until I test it by turning the monitor to vertical, it senses the rotation and adjusts the screen accordingly but gets stuck there and won't return to horizontal when rotated back.

I know the old joke about the man going to the doctor and saying "it hurts when I do this", and I basically never use it vertically, but is this something anyone else here has experienced or knows something about?

DeeJay

Re: Eizo Auto Rotation Sensor Problem (ActiveRotationII)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:55:48 pm »

I've heard of this before from memory the sensor needs replacing and it's not particularly cheap.

You can turn it off and rotate manually in Display preferences (mac) though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up