Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with both C1 LE and DPP  (Read 3619 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Problems with both C1 LE and DPP
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:50:27 pm »

In both Caputure One LE and Canon’s Digital Photo Professional, I can view RAW files (read straight from the Flash Card) in the image editing window, but I cannot alter them in any way.
That's by design. Editing a RAW file is like altering a film negative; something no sane photographer does except in extremely unusual circumstances. If you can't open a RAW file to convert it, that's something else entirely. RAW converters don't generally support opening/editing converted files. Have you tried ACR to see if it opens the files? You may have simply had a disk malfunction and have a whole folder full of corrupted files.

Dinarius

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 07:32:51 am »

A complete uninstall/reinstall of DPP/C1/Canon Utilities has solved the problem. I can now edit files.

However, converted files cannot be opened in C1 while they can in DPP. It should be possible to do this, shouldn't it?

I still have no idea what went wrong though.

D.

Dinarius

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 11:19:04 am »

Help!

I have two (probably related) problems.

In both Caputure One LE and Canon’s Digital Photo Professional, I can view RAW files (read straight from the Flash Card) in the image editing window, but I cannot alter them in any way.

When I pass the cursor over the image area, in LE for example, none of the Tools readings react (e.g. RGB values in Exposure)

Equally, if I open a folder on my desktop containing both uncoverted and converted RAW images, I can’t open them at all in either DPP or C1.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

For what it’s worth, last week C1 threw a wobbler and processed only half the image. Quite literally, there was pure white where there should have been image over about half the image area. I uninstalled C1 completely and reinstalled it. Things went fine. But, now I have an even bigger problem. Neither RAW converted will work.

Help!

Thanks.

D.

Dinarius

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:59:56 am »

Thanks for the reply.

Before editing, I always copy the files directly to disk. I addition, I convert them to DNG. So, I have two copies of the files on disk before I do any editing.

After editing to disk, I transfer all files (the two unedited versions and the edited one) to a separate external HD.

But, I cannot view any of the files on either the computer's HD or the external HD.

Also, while C1/DPP won't open converted Tiffs on my HD, all converted files on my HD will open in PS.

Very odd.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up