Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei 6001 leaf shutter?  (Read 2823 times)

lukaszpiech

Rollei 6001 leaf shutter?
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:39:39 pm »

Hi this may sound stupid, but i have never used rollei 6001 and right now i can buy a system really cheap,with Planar 80 and sonnar 150. Do they ALWAYS have leaf shutter? The reason i ask is i have not seen the set yet and the seller claims the lenses have no shutter. This is important for me since i use strobes outdoor a lot. Are there planar and sonar models for rollei 6001 that really dont have it? Or more general question, how does this rollei sync with strobes, what is the sync speed?

Graham Mitchell

Re: Rollei 6001 leaf shutter?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:17:45 pm »

Yes, it is a leaf shutter system. Btw, you can download the user manual here: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rollei/rolleiflex_6001/rolleiflex_6001.htm

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:59:49 pm »

Shot with a 6003 for a long time. Agree with all the above - with a few adjustments. The batteries can be successfully rebuilt with newer cells, giving really long life. I used to shoot about 200 images on the original batteries, but with the new cells, the number of frames you can shoot is more.

The lenses are all pretty much still available. I'm partial to the Schneiders, but there are some Zeiss ones too, as well as some Rolleinars, which were more economical in-house made lenses. I don't think the AF's work on 6001.

Lots to like about this camera - very easy to use.
Geoff

lukaszpiech

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:10:13 pm »

This is usefull thanks. So there is no chance he could be selling old sl66 lenses with this 6001? I will have some time to test before i pay, so i should be ok. I am sure this will be a huge jump from kiev 88;)

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:32:38 pm »

This is usefull thanks. So there is no chance he could be selling old sl66 lenses with this 6001? I will have some time to test before i pay, so i should be ok. I am sure this will be a huge jump from kiev 88;)

Just make sure the lenses say PQ or PQS on the barrel.

Btw, regarding the battery upgrade: www.graham-mitchell.com/blog/?p=72
Pages: [1]   Go Up