Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control for Canon 5d mark II  (Read 20541 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: Remote control for Canon 5d mark II
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:40 am »

As i cannot find an off the shelf release cable that is as long as I'd like (and yes i've looked on eBay, Amazon and pro canera shops) i'm going to buy one of those cables from an inline dealer and graft a long section into the middle of it to get the length I need.

Bill Koenig

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »

I just picked up pare of these, not only will they trigger your camera up to 300 ft, they have a hot shoe for flash, as well the ability to attach to the camera hot shoe, plus a plug for what I think is call a PC- cord, also, a jack for a cord that plugs into the camera.
These are transceivers, and they are all identical, each unit can send and receive and work with all other units, they have 16 different channels.
There very well made. Check it out, its a great value at $35.00/pare.

Yongnuo RF-603 N3 2.4GHz Wireless Flash Trigger/Wireless Shutter Release Transceiver Kit for Nikon D90/D3100/D5000/D7000
Bill Koenig,

Ellis Vener

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 05:31:24 pm »

Hi Bill,

I already have a wireless triggering system, two in fact, both better than the one you mentioned, primarily the Pocketwizard MultiMAX. I am looking for a wired release for those times wireless can be tricky. Also there are thousands of things that now use the 2.4 GHZ frequency - that just increases the likelihood of interference and shortened effective range.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 07:22:17 pm »

Like I Alan,
I too am in the market for a long wired cable release. I use a pair of the  PocketWizard MultiMAX transceivers  with the adapter cable for my 1D and 1Ds cameras but for some applications prefer a hardwired approach.
Any ideas or sources for an off the shelf wired cable release in the 10 foot range or is this a DIY job?

Canon ET-1000N3

33 foot extention cable.  I've been using it for years ( well a couple of different ones.  They don't like touching a hot 1K)

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-1000N3-Remote-Extension-Cameras/dp/B00009R6UF
Craig Lamson Photo

Ellis Vener

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »

Thanks for the link! A little expensive but might be worth it.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:16 pm »

Thanks for the link! A little expensive but might be worth it.

You are quite welcome.

I shoot tethered from some distance on most every job.  The cable extension allows me to use mirror lockup.  I can't do that when controlling the shutter from EOS Capture, C1 or DSLR Remote.
Craig Lamson Photo

Bill Koenig

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:53 am »

Hi Bill,

I already have a wireless triggering system, two in fact, both better than the one you mentioned, primarily the Pocketwizard MultiMAX. I am looking for a wired release for those times wireless can be tricky. Also there are thousands of things that now use the 2.4 GHZ frequency - that just increases the likelihood of interference and shortened effective range.

Hi Ellis,

At that price, its not for the working pro, if I did this for a living I would have the Pocketwizard or equivalent. 

<Also there are thousands of things that now use the 2.4 GHZ frequency.

I assume that is why there are 16 different channels.
For only $35.00 I was impressed.

Bill.
Bill Koenig,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up