Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting rejected photos from catalogue ???  (Read 1101 times)

sanfairyanne

Deleting rejected photos from catalogue ???
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:13:56 pm »

I'm just beginning to use Lightroom and I think I've made a fundamental error. I've been going through my images and deleting all the rubbish - 99.999% - I have been hitting Apple Delete to ''REMOVE REJECTED PHOTOS'' instead of hitting ''ALT DELETE'' to remove files from my portable hard drive.

Obviously I can't see those images I wanted to delete in Lightroom but they're still on my drive. Is there any way around this?

Please forgive me if it seems obvious.

Many thanks.

Jason DiMichele

• Jason DiMichele - Fine Art Photographer and Printer
Re: Deleting rejected photos from catalogue ???
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:22:40 am »

sanfairyanne,

You should be able to reimport them back into the catalog from the directory they reside in and then properly delete them.

Cheers,
Jay
Jason DiMichele
Fine Art Photographer an

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Deleting rejected photos from catalogue ???
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:58:44 am »

To add to what's already been given, what you can do is right-click or Cmd-click on the folder which had the images that you removed from Lightroom and select 'Synchronize Folder'.  When you do, make sure 'Import new photos' is checked.  This will import the images back into your Lightroom catalogue, and show them together as 'last imported'.  Now that you have them isolated you can select them all and delete them properly.  If you have images from more than one folder, selecting the highest folder on the tree will import images in subfolders provided you have "Library/Show Photos in Subfolders" checked.

Mike.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:00:26 am by wolfnowl »
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up