Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: San Diego  (Read 1317 times)

armand

• Photos
San Diego
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:20:33 pm »

Taken last January, forgot to play with them for a while. I'm starting with these.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: San Diego
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »

Flying saucers invading San Diego? Rise of the (Coffee) Machines (a.k.a. Terminator 3)? :)

Actually, I like the design and color of the last one.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:59:07 pm »

They are not representative of San Diego (at least not all), it's just they were shot there. And on my computer they are under San Diego so I just kept the same title  ;)
Here are a few shots that will fit

eclectix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »

My favorites are #3 from the first post, and #3 from the second post.  Very nice work on these.

popnfresh

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:17:32 pm »

This is an interesting set of photographs. I like #4 one the most. You might also consider making a B&W version of that one. Numbers 2 and 3 would have benefited from a shallow depth of field to isolate the foreground subject. The focus is too deep for those shots. Also, in #2 I think your angle was too low--the table isn't very interesting--and you cropped a little too tight at the top.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:19:57 pm by popnfresh »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »

This is an interesting set of photographs. I like #4 one the most. You might also consider making a B&W version of that one. Numbers 2 and 3 would have benefited from a shallow depth of field to isolate the foreground subject. The focus is too deep for those shots. Also, in #2 I think your angle was too low--the table isn't very interesting--and you cropped a little too tight at the top.

Unfortunately the depth of field was more difficult to control on the third one as it was a small sensor (Canon S90, handheld).
On the second one I had to hold the camera on the table as the light was not that abundant, and the combination with a wide angle lens didn't allow me too much room to compose (or too shallow DOF)

Here is a bw version of it, plus few more experimental versions where I played only with the WB or the tint (in the last one)
Pages: [1]   Go Up