Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900: cgpdftoraster: cupsRasterInterpretPPD had an error  (Read 7944 times)

Jan Morales

• Jan Morales Photography
Epson 4900: cgpdftoraster: cupsRasterInterpretPPD had an error
« on: October 01, 2011, 05:12:04 pm »

I just set up my new Epson Stylus Pro 4900 today and I'm getting this error from the print job when I try to make my first print:

cgpdftoraster: cupsRasterInterpretPPD had an error: Unknown operator "C13S045050"!

Here's my technical details:

Mac OS X 10.7.1 Lion
Epson Printer Driver Version 8.64 (downloaded from Epson web site)
Printer firmware M028B7
Printer network connected, static IP address
Lightroom 3.5 64-bit
Epson Exhibition Fiber paper 8.5 x 11 in.
Epson color profile Epson_SP4900_Exhibition_Fiber_Paper_PK_v1.icc
Manual feed (both front and rear)
Nozzle check and head alignment performed before print attempt

Epson Printer Utility 4 reports the printer Ready and otherwise looks normal. I saw this error reported elsewhere, but no solution. Has anyone else seen this?

Farmer

Re: Epson 4900: cgpdftoraster: cupsRasterInterpretPPD had an error
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

Error reported to Epson - it's an issue with the latest driver with respect to some media types (hot and cold press being the ones previously identified) being selected.  The workaround is to choose Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art paper instead of Hot or Cold press (which is originally what Epson recommended on release of the new media before the driver had been updated).  For Epson Exhibition Fiber, use Premium Luster as the driver setting.

Alternatively, roll back to the previous driver if you can (should be on the CD that came with your printer and it should be fine for Lion).

I understand that a fix is coming.
Phil Brown

Jan Morales

• Jan Morales Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »

Cool. Thanks, Farmer!

I don't usually print on Epson paper anyway. I was worried there was something wrong with my overall setup. I was able to make a print on Premium Photo Paper Luster, so at least I know it works.

Cheers,
Jan

myc5

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:19:18 pm »

Anyone know if there's going to be a driver update/fix for this topic? My 3880 with OS X Lion and using Hot Press Bright media type gives me this error. Using driver version 8.64. It's been a few months now since this "known" error was created by Epson.

The driver on the epson website hasn't changed in months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up