Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900: Question about new driver (Printer Driver v8.64)  (Read 1352 times)

simdoc1

Epson 4900: Question about new driver (Printer Driver v8.64)
« on: October 01, 2011, 01:55:56 pm »

I've had my 4900 for about a month and last night I installed the new firmware (Firmware Update version M028B7) and driver (Printer Driver v8.64) for my Mac. Today, when printing on Epson Cold Press Bright, I've discovered that in the Print dialogue when I select Fine Art Paper, the flyout has only 4 choices: Velvet Fine Art, Watercolor, Textured Fine Art, and Ultrasmooth Fine Art. The old driver used to have specific listing for all of the Signature Worthy papers but this one doesn't appear to have the same specificity. I ran through a print using the Textured Fine Art setting. It looks alright but I am wondering if that is correct. Any advice would be welcome!! Thanks! (i have searched on this topic without finding any advice....  :) )

Jeff

Farmer

Re: Epson 4900: Question about new driver (Printer Driver v8.64)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:26:21 pm »

For Hot and Cold press, use Ultrasmooth Fine Art as the driver setting.  There is a known bug with some media types with driver 8.64 - it's possible that the update you have has had these removed to avoid the bug.  I understand that a fix is coming, but I don't have an ETA.

Using USFA as the setting was the original suggestion for the new media when it was released and you should get very good results.

Alternatively, you could use the driver that came with the printer - this should work fine.
Phil Brown

simdoc1

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:38:39 pm »

Thanks for the advice! I'll give USFA a try.

Jeff

simdoc1

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:25:33 pm »

I got some help from Dano (Thanks!) and uninstalled and reinstalled the 8.64 driver. Unfortunately, there's no change but, as Farmer said, it appears that the settings for Ultrasmooth Fine Art are identical to those for the individual named papers that I had on the older driver.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up