Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seascape  (Read 1448 times)

seamus finn

Seascape
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:12:15 am »

Just trying my hand at colour.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Seascape
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:25:31 am »

An interesting downward looking angle and very nice colors indeed.

Now, with all due respect, I am not totally sold - yet? - on the composition. It is a bit too much of a flat set of objects with little hint to help guide the eye.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:40:00 am by BernardLanguillier »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

Afraid I have to agree with Bernard. It needs something to give it a sense of place.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 01:28:26 pm »

The colour is a bit intense, verging on over-saturated.  In this image it draws attention to itself.  That might be ok; in a sense becoming the point of the picture.  It depends on your intent with the picture.  The composition is weak, as was said above, and the intense colour helps the picture.

Keep exploring the vein you are mining, since you are beginning to make progress (you indicate you are trying some things for new).  Make more photos to your own taste (but consider feedback) and you'll start hitting pay dirt.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 01:33:36 pm »

Monito, Seamus has been "hitting pay dirt" for a long time. This is different from anything I've ever seen him post. He's branching out.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 02:10:25 pm »

Monito, Seamus has been "hitting pay dirt" for a long time. This is different from anything I've ever seen him post. He's branching out.

Exactly.  That was my point.  He's mining a new vein.

seamus finn

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:47:32 am »

Thanks guys, all points taken on board. What drew me to the scene in the first place was the extraordinary light on the shores of the Athlantic Ocean at a small resort called Strandhill (very popular with the international surfing fraternity). The intense colours were as shown here - very little tweaking on my part. I wander around that place a lot and have never seen quite the same light again. Re Russ's comment on 'sense of place', I guess that's the key- the image makes no sense unless you know where it was taken - a failure, I suppose, of many images. The eye of the beholder applies in spades here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up