Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flextight X5- Scanning Positives  (Read 1477 times)

hacimd

Flextight X5- Scanning Positives
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:22:58 am »

Hello,
I’m curious to hear about experiences scanning positives using the Flextight X5 scanner. I have not been able to get very good results.  I think part of the problem is that you have to scan through the plastic sheet that holds the print in place, so the quality would not be as good as scanning a negative with nothing between the film and the sensor.  Is this the case and are there any useful setting you would recommend looking into for a more accurate result?

Thank You

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
Re: Flextight X5- Scanning Positives
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:43 am »

Hi
I think you have to try to scan without the plastic sheet . You have to tape the photo to the holder but you cant do this with the original holder.
So ask your dealer or Hasselblad if they can make one specific holder for you . Anyway document scanning is not what those scanners cant do better.
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

fetish

Re: Flextight X5- Scanning Positives
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:58:16 am »

Hello,
I’m curious to hear about experiences scanning positives using the Flextight X5 scanner. I have not been able to get very good results.  I think part of the problem is that you have to scan through the plastic sheet that holds the print in place, so the quality would not be as good as scanning a negative with nothing between the film and the sensor.  Is this the case and are there any useful setting you would recommend looking into for a more accurate result?

Thank You

are you scanning a print or a transparency? there shouldnt be any plastic sheet between anything anywhere in that workflow.
the magnetic film holders are supposed to hold the film perfectly for the scanning process, no tapes or anything is needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up