Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tether DSLR to iPad, no jailbreaking, no router  (Read 3801 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Tether DSLR to iPad, no jailbreaking, no router
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:40:17 pm »

Eye-Fi has come up with a new card the Eye-fi connect X2 which will let you connect your DSLR to an iPad without jailbreaking or using a router. Still no CF version though.

Video here.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Re: Tether DSLR to iPad, no jailbreaking, no router
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:14:28 am »

Now, we only need they make a CF card to put inside pro bodies.  :(
Eduardo

Eye-Fi has come up with a new card the Eye-fi connect X2 which will let you connect your DSLR to an iPad without jailbreaking or using a router. Still no CF version though.

Video here.

Cheers,

SeanBK

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 07:46:26 am »

Thanks for the O.P, this should help a lot of type of photography. I know I will be buying it shortly.

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »

I got the "pro" version and have successfully been using it with my laptop. J-pegs load quite quickly. RAW files take 15 to 20 seconds each. Sure makes it nice when working in studio, to see a large version so quickly, without the need to "sneaker" net, or bother with a cable.

People are astonished how the images come up on the laptop, without a wire connection.

Definitely a good tool to have! Regarding using it with a iPad, I see that usefull, but you can buy a windows laptop for $300 that allows you to do so much more than a $500 iPad. Yep, the iPad is chick, and lighter, and slightly smaller, and batteries last longer,  and the display is really nice, but . . .

Pages: [1]   Go Up