Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...  (Read 1341 times)

tived

• http://
Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:40:02 pm »

Hi Guys,

I have the iOnePro Basic kit, which is really baisc. I have been looking at x-rite;s site and I am finding really confusing, and I can't really work out my upgrade path so I was wondering if anyone in the known... could please help.

I would like to be able to calibrate my printer, and if possible take color samples and read them  and analyse them well compare them to a known.

it would be nice to calibrate my TV, projector, camera and scanner, but these are really secondary things, as i think the camera calibration sounds very complex but never the less, it would be interesting if i could.

where do i go and also I am in Australia just in-case someone is selling only the the lower-48 (why would you only sell to a limited geo-location! is beyond me!)

I appreciate your time and help

thanks

Henrik

PhilipCummins

Re: Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:12 am »

I have the iOnePro Basic kit, which is really baisc. I have been looking at x-rite;s site and I am finding really confusing, and I can't really work out my upgrade path so I was wondering if anyone in the known... could please help.

where do i go and also I am in Australia just in-case someone is selling only the the lower-48 (why would you only sell to a limited geo-location! is beyond me!)

AFAIK the only upgrade path with your existing hardware is to purchase the i1 Publish Upgrade B option here for RRP $900 US. From what other people have said, the i1 Match module upgrades are no longer available. (However, best to check for yourself as well - some i1 Basic's that had been module upgraded can qualify for Upgrade A instead). Either way, the new i1Profiler software doesn't do camera or scanner profiling at this point.

In Australia Image Science, DES PL or Kayell are able to sell the upgrades however you would find it cheaper overseas in USA.

It's definitely also worthwhile having a look at the Argyll CMS tools, they work with your i1 Pro and are quite powerful but require quite a bit of time to learn.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 08:16:38 am »

It's definitely also worthwhile having a look at the Argyll CMS tools, they work with your i1 Pro and are quite powerful but require quite a bit of time to learn.
+1 on the ArgyllCMS suggestion.  There is also a very active user group who can answer most all the questions you have. 

tived

• http://
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:07:19 am »

Thanks guys, I will have a look at Argyll CMS

I much appreciate your insight

thanks

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up