Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speeding up a clip  (Read 1977 times)

thewanderer

Speeding up a clip
« on: September 26, 2011, 03:45:48 pm »

Hi All,

I have the basic iMovie on my air book.  I took a sunrise video of electric peak in Yellowstone NP off of my deck the other morning, hoping to get it and then speed it up for a hi speed clip.  I ran it through the iMovie program and it gets to a 2000% speed, which i nowhere near fast enough to get the effect.  I am sure you know what i am aiming for, that 5 second version of a sunrise,  :P   anyway, is there another method or process to get it to a faster speed given my program limitations?

Sincerely,

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Speeding up a clip
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:10:02 pm »

One iMovie trick I've read about but never tried is to use the speed-up feature, then output the film as as mov file, then re-import the mov into a different event and speed it up some more to suit. I don't know if this leads to weird artifacts, but it's worth trying.
--
Robert

RFPhotography

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:10:03 pm »

I've done something similar in Sony Vegas.  No obvious artifacting but I only ran it through twice.  I'd suspect that, like any lossy compression routine, multiple iterations will eventually cause the clip to degrade.

thewanderer

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:07:23 am »

hey, thanks guys,, it worked!!  i wasnt to concerned with artifacting, just speed as it would have been small, but it worked just fine,

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up