Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: digital blending - move masked layer  (Read 3327 times)

francois

digital blending - move masked layer
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:52:32 am »

Hi,

this question is regarding the digital blending technique described on the website. I used the technique successfully with the Layer Mask technique. However, now I have a photo where the two images are a bot offset in position.

I managed to move the darker one by usingopacity of the layer, but when I add the mask and paste the lighter one into it, I can't move it, because I can't see where either of the others sit - the mask background is white.

Any ideas how I can measure the movement? I use GIMP, but have so far figured out how it works, if someone tells me how it works in Photoshop.

Thanks for any help,

Jochen
Instead of reducing opacity, try to use a different blending mode such as difference. It should improve your registration issue. When you're satisfied, just return your blending to normal.

Francois
Francois

jdog

digital blending - move masked layer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:35:52 am »

Hi,

this question is regarding the digital blending technique described on the website. I used the technique successfully with the Layer Mask technique. However, now I have a photo where the two images are a bot offset in position.

I managed to move the darker one by usingopacity of the layer, but when I add the mask and paste the lighter one into it, I can't move it, because I can't see where either of the others sit - the mask background is white.

Any ideas how I can measure the movement? I use GIMP, but have so far figured out how it works, if someone tells me how it works in Photoshop.

Thanks for any help,

Jochen
www.automatem.co.nz -- increasing effici
Pages: [1]   Go Up