Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrying Camera  (Read 1281 times)

kpdesigns492

Carrying Camera
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:29:01 pm »

I've decided to ditch all my camera bags and just use a black rapid strap to carry my EOS 30D along with one additional lens that I was thinking of putting on my belt loop inside of a thinktank skins lens holder. My question is, what happens if it starts raining? What do people normally do in that case? How would you protect your camera? Do you carry around an additional little case for the camera too?

Thanks for the help!

stever

Re: Carrying Camera
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »

a zip-lock to fit the camera and lens in your pocket, or if you want to shoot in the rain, an Optech Rainsleeve

an alternative to the Skin is a Lenscoat pouch (i've tried the skin, and not a big fan although i like my other Thinktank gear)

another approach is to carry a lightweight poncho in a belt pouch to cover yourself and gear

Jason DiMichele

• Jason DiMichele - Fine Art Photographer and Printer
Re: Carrying Camera
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:12:03 pm »

ooorrrrrr....

Purchase a 1DS III which is virtually waterproof.. although you might need a neckstrap reinforcement! lol

When I'm shooting digital in wet conditions (rain or snow) I use a camera rain jacket that I ordered from *bay. It allows me to place my hands and head in it as well and it covers most lenses. It is very light, packs really small and it can be used as a diffuser material on sunny days. It was also only about $20-30 shipped.

Cheers,
Jay
Jason DiMichele
Fine Art Photographer an
Pages: [1]   Go Up