Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on ipf8300  (Read 2269 times)

Kanvas Keepsakes

Printing on ipf8300
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:48:40 am »

I'm going to post this question here because this is an extremely noob question.  I opened up a JPG in photoshop that was about 14MP large.  I resized to 16 inches by 24 inches.  I have a 36" roll of paper in my Canon.  When i sent it to print i got the message that the picture was out the printing margins.  I proceeded anyway and from the edge of the paper I only got a portion of the image.  A lot of it was cut off.  Do I have to create a new canvas on photoshop that 36" wide and THEN place my image on there so the printer will know where to print the image? on the paper itself?  Not sure what I'm missing

privatestudio

Re: Printing on ipf8300
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:28:02 am »

Are you using the PS/Canon plug-in to access the Canon printer?  If not, get this.  Then what I would do is create a blank image that is 36" wide by a few inches higher on the top and bottom of your image for a margin.  Let's say for your 16"x20" you would create a blank canvas of 36" x 24", giving yourself a 2" margin.  Make sure you pay attention to the DPI and bit settings, etc. when creating the blank canvas in PS. Now open your picture(s) file(s) in another window(s) in PS.  Then copy and paste the picture(s) into the 36" x 24" canvas.  You will see that you have room for more images due to the 36" width.  Not wanting to waste canvas you should consider other images you want to print.  Copy and paste as many as you can and arrange each of them with a decent boarder so you can properly cut them out once printed.  When you have everything arranged, drop all layers.  Now you have a file of images that is fixed to print properly.  The 8300 will print exactly what you see.  Next you need to set up your Canon plug in to accommodate your print media.  You should choose 36" and "full bleed" or "no boarders" so that the printer will print the file using the full 36" wide canvas.  The drop downs are quite simple to follow in setting up in the Canon plug in.  Also, make sure to down load the paper or canvas profile of your printing medium.  Whoever you purchased the 8300 should have these already.  Once you load these into the Canon plug in you will have the exact paper/canvas type to choose.  I use DTG in Tampa from whom I purchased my 8300 ($2,325 brand new including discounts and rebates!!).  The shop from where you purchased the 8300 can walk you through all of the above but what I have given you will easily solve your problem.   Hope this helps.

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:35:26 am »

Private! You're a lifesaver. Thanks for the great info. I started using QImage last night and seems to be a very promising program for upsizing images. I'm going to give Photoshop one more try. Thanks again!

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »

Make sure you pay attention to the DPI and bit settings, etc. when creating the blank canvas in PS.

Private, which settings should I use if I will be printing a 16x20 like you said?  150 ppi?  Color mode 16bit? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up