Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monument Valley  (Read 3425 times)

bobby sargent

• http://www.bobbysargent.com
Monument Valley
« on: March 23, 2005, 11:39:27 pm »

I have been to both.  I do not remember any real difference except that spring seemed cooler.  I like going out in the fall for the different colors but there is not much color change at MV that I saw.

Beautiful area.  I love the red rock area of the SW.

Just like anyplace if there was a lot of rain this year there may be a lot of wildflowers out and about.  So you might check with Tribal Headquarters and ask them about the flowers.  If they are out then go in the spring.

Hope this helps.  bs ???
Traveling Photo Shoot Trips.

Deat

indiacharleston

Monument Valley
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 04:03:02 pm »

I used to live in MV--I taught and lived at the high school. I think the best time is the last week of October/First week of November--even second week of November. This probably sounds too late for the fall, but it's when all the colors are out. The yellow cottonwoods in the canyons surrounding the valley are magnificient, and in addition to the valley itself, there are alot of really great canyons within an hour - valley of the gods, mexican hat, etc. Who knows, if you're lucky you might even get a morning or two of intense fog!

FGARVIN

Monument Valley
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:55:36 pm »

Just came back from MV, great place and not that far from Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend (cool places) if you don't mind a little driving.

matt4626

Monument Valley
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 05:28:53 pm »

I never been to Monument Valley. I am planning a spring visit but have heard I should go in fall instead. What do you think?

howard smith

Monument Valley
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 09:37:37 am »

I've been there a few times in winter and summer.  Winter was beautiful with snow.  But very cold and windy.  Summer was hot, dry windy and dusty.  I want to try spring and fall.

jlhayes

Monument Valley
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 10:08:34 pm »

Monument Valley has some fanstatic sunsets.....but always look behind you as the rock formationas can really 'light up'.
Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up