Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning room into workroom  (Read 1021 times)

Kanvas Keepsakes

Turning room into workroom
« on: September 21, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »

Hello all.  I needed some advice on this topic but could not find a place on the forum for it so I figure I'd post it here.  I just got my Canon ipf8300 printer and am going to start printing on canvas and photo paper.  I'm going to keep the printer indoors of my house in my room instead of my garage due to the south Texas heat and humidity.  My room in the house has carpet in it.  Instead of going through the large expense of replacing carpet with tile, how else can I somewhat try to cut down on the amount of dirt from the carpet?  Should I place large hard plastic chair mats over the carpet?  A humidifier to eliminate dust particles?  Will it be ok to print in the room as is?

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
Re: Turning room into workroom
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:22:41 pm »

My work area is in the basement, and was already carpeted when we bought the house. As vinyl would be pretty cold, I decided to stick with the carpet. To mitigate the problems with dust (which would happen even with vinyl) I have a HEPA air filter set on low going 24 hours a day. I also have a steam humidifier, but to be honest haven't used it too much. I think the best thing you can do is regular vacuuming and dusting, and be sure to keep a plastic or cloth cover over the printer.

If you're serious about dust and static, you can lay down glueless vinyl, which is pretty inexpensive.

"The real voyage of discove

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:37:37 pm »

Thanks CK.  Great advice

BobDavid

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:18:46 pm »

I wouldn't worry about the carpeting, unless it is fostering mold and mildew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up