Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danby Castle  (Read 1964 times)

4wd

Danby Castle
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:25:53 pm »

Probably over-processed for some tastes but the original was a tad 'boring'.
Mainly Orton Effect.

John R

Re: Danby Castle
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:40:13 pm »

Yes, way overprocessed. Looks almost posterized. Just because a technique exists does not mean it is suitable for a given image. Perhaps another image. But may I suggest you try this process:  lighten the image and then create a duplicate. Apply gausian blur to one image at about 20-30. Finally hit multiply. Lighten or darken or use the opacity to get the light level correct on one or both images. If the shadows areas are still dense, then use the feature that lightens the shadows. All of this should be applied to taste and look suitable for the image. I do these all the time, so does Dwayne Oakes and you can look him up on this site. Subtelty and moderation is the key. He uses Nikon software, I use Elements.

The sky is wonderful. The foreground is lacking in interest. If the cows were dispersed in that area, the image would be better balanced. Hope that helps.

JMR
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:29:08 pm by John R »

rcarpenter3d

• Pixel Perfect Photography L.L.C.
Re: Danby Castle
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:27:07 am »

I like the softer look and feel but also agree its a little overdone. Thanks for the suggestion John, I would like to try that technique. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up