Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: H2&P45+ or H4d-40?  (Read 16689 times)

Willow Photography

• http://www.willow.no
Re: H2&P45+ or H4d-40?
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »

Uncalled for??

How can we trust a person not to be biased when he was working as a Hasselblad agent some years ago and lost his license to sell Hasselblad.

This is some of DFs posts when he was dealing Hasselblad back in 2009:

"I use Phocus. And I am really happy with this software. It's fast and give me best quality."

"For me Hasselblad is the best system on the market right now.
With H3DII-39 I don't have any problems that i have with older model of H system. Amazing lenses with central shutter. HCD 28 is perfect. HC 2.2./100mm is my favorite lens.
HTS 1.5 works very nice. We can use 28,35,50,80,100 also with extension tube.  (DAC work- it;s  something) 80% of tabletop photography we can do with HTS 1.5.
If you need more adv system - you can buy arca or linhof wiht HR lenses and att digital unit via sliding adapter. You don't need computer if you don't want. It;s simple - att battery grip to adapter and go.
In Phocus 1.1 you have white calibration tool - also you can change setings of your HR lenses directly form Phocus. Ver 1.1 is much much faster that 1.0.1 Guys from Denmark do great job.
Right now you will not have any problems with upgrading firmware, phocus will do everything.
Working tethered to your computer is very very fast.
But somebody tell that is close system... My question is : who care about it? if you get in this system everything what you want   Nikon and Canon are close system too. They droping the price too. Is it something wrong?
I think that no. Phase, Leaf , Sinar in my opinion don't have full range of accesories (viewfinders,lenses etc.) and their prices are too high. I don't think that they product are bad. They don't have "complete system".
If you use phase, sinar or leaf, and you are happy with it. Everything is ok. Because it is only your tool. Best tool for me is Hasselblad. "

"I read this. And it's correct. Mamiya lenses are not so good. I use both P65+ and H3DII 50 but P65+ with hasselblad body. It's true Hasselblad is better in 50-200 iso range. But it was design to work in the studio where we use 50-100 ISO.
Ok Phase is better in 400-800 but when we use sensor plus. But in this situation we get only 15mpix files. In my opinion it;s better to buy Nikon d3s if you want use higher iso. It's cheap and more useable.
Multishot camera are always better then single shot.
In my opinion Hasselblad is much much better than Phase, Because they have whole system. Working system. Sorry to said that but Phase One camera  have still "children syndrom""
Willow Photography

Willow Photography

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 02:18:57 pm »

And what about this turnaround by Design Freak

19.03.2011 he wrote:

"heheh ;-)
Hasselblad at all is better. Anyone who has held both cameras in hand, knows what I say. Hasselblad is the best-designed  mediumformat camera which produced so far. Phase One body is very poor ergonomics, poorly balanced, the grip is too short (sticks in hand), by fitting the V-grip can work, but unfortunately it is not well designed, bad choice of wheels are arranged, after an hour of work is being felt pain. All the time you have to use two batteries, one for the body, one for DB. Also circulated a myth that the Phase One camera is smaller, lighter and has better optics. I strongly invite you to test, I use both systems and I know what I say. In the case of the Hasselblad can talk about your system, in the case of Phase One did not. Still a lot of work on the Phase One camera system.
Sorry that I focused on the camera, but the many myths that must be overturned.
Returning to the differences between the P40 + and H4D40. AF System: Hasselblad has a much faster and more accurate autofocus (White LED), the system works perfectly True Focus (3-point autofocus system Phase One looks at it as an archaism.) Hasselblad has a range of 11 lenses
But the most important argument is the image quality. H4D40 is according to me the best camera, which was developed over the last few years. Color reproduction is excellent, the quality of images above 200ISO is unbeatable for Phase One. You could say that it is an entirely different league. Of course, "Sensor Plus" gives better results, but 10Mpix this is not what is expected for the hardware for the money. I strongly urge everyone to test and compare.

Best regards,
Design Freak"

And 11.04.2011 he wrote:

"Please think about that before you buy it. Everybody exchange Hasselblad right now to Leaf or Phase One. Hasselblad  have a lot of problems with software.
I used a Hasselblad for 6 years. I always thought it was excellent equipment. But now since I'm using P1, feels like another world. Nothing is crashing, do not have to stop work every moment. What was very stressful during the session, where an advertising agency with a client was behind my back. Now I have no such problems. Ask yourself why this guy sells you the equipment in such an attractive price. In my opinion, he had had enough of this equipment and want to get rid of it quickly"

I bet he lost his dealership with Hasselblad somewhere between those dates.

Of course I am not after Design Freak ( I do not know the guy ).
But be careful trusting information on the net.
People may have alternate agendas.
Willow Photography

design_freak

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 02:34:07 pm »

Uncalled for??

How can we trust a person not to be biased when he was working as a Hasselblad agent some years ago and lost his license to sell Hasselblad.

"I use Phocus. And I am really happy with this software. It's fast and give me best quality."

With H3DII-39 I don't have any problems that i have with older model of H system. Amazing lenses with central shutter. HCD 28 is perfect. HC 2.2./100mm is my favorite lens.
HTS 1.5 works very nice. We can use 28,35,50,80,100 also with extension tube.  (DAC work- it;s  something) 80% of tabletop photography we can do with HTS 1.5.
If you need more adv system - you can buy arca or linhof wiht HR lenses and att digital unit via sliding adapter. You don't need computer if you don't want. It;s simple - att battery grip to adapter and go.
In Phocus 1.1 you have white calibration tool - also you can change setings of your HR lenses directly form Phocus. Ver 1.1 is much much faster that 1.0.1 Guys from Denmark do great job.
Right now you will not have any problems with upgrading firmware, phocus will do everything.
But somebody tell that is close system... My question is : who care about it? if you get in this system everything what you want   Nikon and Canon are close system too. They droping the price too. Is it something wrong?
I think that no. Phase, Leaf , Sinar in my opinion don't have full range of accesories (viewfinders,lenses etc.) and their prices are too high. I don't think that they product are bad. They don't have "complete system".
If you use phase, sinar or leaf, and you are happy with it. Everything is ok. Because it is only your tool. Best tool for me is Hasselblad. "

"I read this. And it's correct. Mamiya lenses are not so good. I use both P65+ and H3DII 50 but P65+ with hasselblad body. It's true Hasselblad is better in 50-200 iso range. But it was design to work in the studio where we use 50-100 ISO.
Ok Phase is better in 400-800 but when we use sensor plus. But in this situation we get only 15mpix files. In my opinion it;s better to buy Nikon d3s if you want use higher iso. It's cheap and more useable.
In my opinion Hasselblad is much much better than Phase, Because they have whole system. Working system. Sorry to said that but Phase One camera  have still "children syndrom""

It's all true, it was oct 2008. Phase One camera was not perfect then, the same optics. There was no regard to quality, I never hid that this is the perfect camera for reproductive purposes and gives the best quality. And then only for such applications have used this camera. Hence, I wrote about the system, a very successful construction of HTS. These are facts.
Best regards,
DF

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:57 pm »

Uncalled for??

What does all this has to do with him quoting "that every program crashes sooner or later"? >:( I don't know about his or yours previous thread "fights" and to tell you the truth ...I don't give an "F" about them... its just that its really embarassing to see people jumping others without any obvious reason whatsoever! This is not a photographer's behaviour, is it? A photographer is not a firm junkie or pone...., nor manufacturers are football clubs!

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 02:44:35 pm »

It's all true, it was oct 2008. Phase One camera was not perfect then, the same optics. There was no regard to quality, I never hid that this is the perfect camera for reproductive purposes and gives the best quality. And then only for such applications have used this camera. Hence, I wrote about the system, a very successful construction of HTS. These are facts.
Jesus! what all this has to do with the OP? >:( If you guys don't stop that nonsense immediately I will never reply or respect you again! Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

design_freak

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 03:14:05 pm »

Jesus! what all this has to do with the OP? >:( If you guys don't stop that nonsense immediately I will never reply or respect you again! Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

I'm sorry you very much , I agree with you.  :(
Unfortunately, I give the facts. And I'm being attacked. I understand that my knowledge is inconvenient. But this is probably a slight exaggeration. I would like to cut it once and for all.
So
 I was an employee of the company. So do not you call the right door. I am not responsible for the company where I worked. So another post attacking me, will be able to have their termination in court. Now I'm not obliged to praise the Hasselblad, so I can now write what personally think so.

Best regards,
DF

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »

I'm sorry you very much , I agree with you.  :(
Unfortunately, I give the facts. And I'm being attacked. I understand that my knowledge is inconvenient. But this is probably a slight exaggeration. I would like to cut it once and for all.
So
 I was an employee of the company. So do not you call the right door. I am not responsible for the company where I worked. So another post attacking me, will be able to have their termination in court. Now I'm not obliged to praise the Hasselblad, so I can now write what personally think so.

It still has nothing to do with the OP! Dammit! Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

Willow Photography

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 03:39:49 pm »

"Now I'm not obliged to praise the Hasselblad, so I can now write what personally think so."

This is exactly what I mean!!!

NOW, you say you can write what you personally think!

Well, how could we know that back then, you did NOT write what you mean?

And if you didnt do that back then, whas it a lot of lies then. :-)

I am not attacking you, I just use you as an example of " NOT TO TRUST  WHAT YOU READ ON THE NET ".

But probably most of us knew that already.-).

And the court threat......hello.......

This is my last comment on this matter.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:45:48 pm by Willow Photography »
Willow Photography

Nick-T

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »

I do think it would help if people in these threads were clear about who they are and hence any bias they might have. My sig has a link to the user forum so my bias is pretty apparent. I think it's great that Mr Freak is finally telling us what he really thinks and that it would be useful for newcomers to the thread if Mr Freak had something like "Bitter former Hasselblad dealer" in his signature.

To get things back on topic I find Phocus very stable these days, that has not always been the case, nor was it with flexcolour. I cannot (and should not) speak for capture One as I don't use it, others can chime in there. I do however use phocus and have been since it was in alpha, I Shoot almost exclusively in studio, probably around 15 days a month and these days I would say I get a software crash maybe once every one/two months, so phocus is IMO pretty stable. I do have systems in place to resolve any issues as detailed here:

http://www.nick-t.com/blog/2010/03/best-practice-or-how-to-tether-in-style/

Nick-T

[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

design_freak

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 06:03:07 pm »

"Now I'm not obliged to praise the Hasselblad, so I can now write what personally think so."

This is exactly what I mean!!!

NOW, you say you can write what you personally think!

Well, how could we know that back then, you did NOT write what you mean?

And if you didnt do that back then, whas it a lot of lies then. :-)

I am not attacking you, I just use you as an example of " NOT TO TRUST  WHAT YOU READ ON THE NET ".

But probably most of us knew that already.-).

And the court threat......hello.......

This is my last comment on this matter.

Unfortunately you are wrong a lot. You Got a problem to cope with the space-time. At that time it was a sincere and objective, backed by experience position. Then I wrote what I think and it was true, now as well. And if someone asks whether you choose H2 + P1 or H4D40. I say based on my experience: none of these. Why? Because I know that h2 can not use the newest lenses. Because I know that Hasselblad equipment makes some problems in certain conditions. That is why I would choose the system P1. Also, because I know that we will have a new camera and new lenses. Man is a being endowed with intelligence and evolves. And based on their experience, belief that man changing.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

I do think it would help if people in these threads were clear about who they are and hence any bias they might have. My sig has a link to the user forum so my bias is pretty apparent. I think it's great that Mr Freak is finally telling us what he really thinks and that it would be useful for newcomers to the thread if Mr Freak had something like "Bitter former Hasselblad dealer" in his signature.

To get things back on topic I find Phocus very stable these days, that has not always been the case, nor was it with flexcolour. I cannot (and should not) speak for capture One as I don't use it, others can chime in there. I do however use phocus and have been since it was in alpha, I Shoot almost exclusively in studio, probably around 15 days a month and these days I would say I get a software crash maybe once every one/two months, so phocus is IMO pretty stable. I do have systems in place to resolve any issues as detailed here:

http://www.nick-t.com/blog/2010/03/best-practice-or-how-to-tether-in-style/

Nick-T

First: I am not finally wrote what I think, because then I wrote what I thought. Now I have only this comfort that I must not be politically correct.
Second: Using your logic: I can not believe what you write because you are associated with the Hasselblad.
So
In your blog, you wrote a beautiful instructions on how to prepare for shooting. So what is the result? Does that convince us that there is no problem? Of course the fault of the Mac. And all this on a blog extolling the Hasselblad. Really be surprised if there were any critical comments about the hardware / software. I am sorry but i do not eat that.
And so you want someone to convince? Can you point out the shortcomings of this equipment? That meant that you would become a credible. And finally, what do you recommend to OP?
Best regards,
DF
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:15:32 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Willow Photography

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 07:34:27 pm »

Sorry DF, but I cannot stay away from this BS! It is you that have a time/space problem.

The first post I referred to by you, where you were a huge Hasselblad fan and trashed P1, was dated 19.03.2011 and the next post where you did just the opposite, were from 11.04.2011.

Thats only three weeks appart.

So you were honest and sincere both of these times.

What happend with Hasselblad and P1 in these three weeks that led to your total turnaround??

I do not think it was "backed by experience position"as you say, but by position only.

Willow Photography

design_freak

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »

Sorry DF, but I cannot stay away from this BS! It is you that have a time/space problem.

The first post I referred to by you, where you were a huge Hasselblad fan and trashed P1, was dated 19.03.2011 and the next post where you did just the opposite, were from 11.04.2011.

Thats only three weeks appart.

So you were honest and sincere both of these times.

What happend with Hasselblad and P1 in these three weeks that led to your total turnaround??

I do not think it was "backed by experience position"as you say, but by position only.

Can you read and understand? Read the two statements again. Think again. And maybe you get to the fact that both statements are sincere and true. To this day I believe that "H4D40" is a very good camera. Note to P1 also is honest and based on experience. (It is not ergonomic, or lighter, smaller.) Second, say, is also honest, I wrote that this is happening and why. And it is true that in my country rental studios sold out Hasselblad equipment and turned on the P1/Leaf.

What happened for those 3 weeks. Very much. I'll just say that I worked in a studio that was the sales tool of Hasselblad. (Such as in London only a much larger and established a few years before). It was the kind of testing ground for me. So after parting with the brand Hasselblad, I had the opportunity to work through this time on the hardware of P1. And it was a shock. Only then I saw how fun can become a job. How much less stress, a completely different world. Despite some shortcomings in ergonomics. Returning to the topic, do you answer a question that asked the OP?  ::)
Best regards,
DF

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 09:48:24 am »

I have tried to stay away from this Design Freak vs Hasselblad subject but it is getting slightly out of hand as the weeks go by.  More to the point, it potentially could be clouding or at least irritating for people wanting to get the most out of this forum.

Yes, perhaps in those three weeks there was some dramatic eye opening turnaround for Design Freak, but this would not explain why he sent me a PM in July congratulating on the new H4D60 firmware features and stating it was 'a pity' he was no longer selling Hasselblad.

With this in mind I would still suggest caution over Design Freaks recommendations.

However, knowing him personally he could of course be a great source of knowledge to this forum as well.  So I hope we can all agree to disagree.

Best Regards,

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

gigdagefg

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 07:31:21 pm »

gigdagefg are the initials of my two children and my wife-Thank you

Stanley

design_freak

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:34 am »

I have tried to stay away from this Design Freak vs Hasselblad subject but it is getting slightly out of hand as the weeks go by.  More to the point, it potentially could be clouding or at least irritating for people wanting to get the most out of this forum.

Yes, perhaps in those three weeks there was some dramatic eye opening turnaround for Design Freak, but this would not explain why he sent me a PM in July congratulating on the new H4D60 firmware features and stating it was 'a pity' he was no longer selling Hasselblad.

With this in mind I would still suggest caution over Design Freaks recommendations.

However, knowing him personally he could of course be a great source of knowledge to this forum as well.  So I hope we can all agree to disagree.

Best Regards,

David

David,
Why are you surprised that I sent you PM? And what does this have to do with the topic? If people work together for a few years, this should not surprise anyone. Normal human reflex. Have not worked with this? So I congratulated the hard work, because I knew that you put in a lot of time and heart. That despite many difficulties, you have made it. Firmware H4D60 (many months later). Many people in this company, including you, I really respect. I do not like the current marketing which I expressed many times. And a few things. But it does not matter.
It is also not true that I said that I regret that I can not sell products Hasselblad. I wrote that I regret that I can not continue to be with you. And that's a big difference. Just working in this company a lot of very cool people. I am interested in technical matters and the same photograph. I had such a job. And caused me great satisfaction. Nobody should be surprised that fact. It is difficult to break away from this because it works like a drug. I realize that what I write is sometimes inconvenient, but such are the facts. I try to be objective. If someone asks what equipment to choose, I answer him what is the best option. Due to the fact that I did not try hard to sell.
You can agree with that or not. But that you wrote not to listen to my advice, is just ridiculous. I understand that my knowledge is inconvenient. But that's not my problem.

Yours
DF
Best regards,
DF

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2011, 09:58:12 am »

PLEASE GUYS CAN YOU STOP IT? PLEEEEAAASE  :'( 

JV

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2011, 10:09:13 am »

I try to be objective.

No, you’re not.  Every product has its shortcomings and you have a right to point them out but overemphaszing and enlarging the shortcomings of one brand and almost completely ignoring the shortcomings of other brands is not being objective.   It is being very very biased.  Also counterattacking every positive post about Hasselblad with a negative one is not what I would call being objective.  You are very very biased towards Hasselblad and you deliberately try to damage them because of personal reasons. 

design_freak

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2011, 06:08:57 pm »

No, you’re not.  Every product has its shortcomings and you have a right to point them out but overemphaszing and enlarging the shortcomings of one brand and almost completely ignoring the shortcomings of other brands is not being objective.   It is being very very biased.  Also counterattacking every positive post about Hasselblad with a negative one is not what I would call being objective.  You are very very biased towards Hasselblad and you deliberately try to damage them because of personal reasons.  

Nobody tried to write anything just lying like you. Each equipment has disadvantages. I do not write only about the shortcomings of Hasselblad equipment. You are forewarned. I have written many times about the shortcomings of the P1 camera. So I demand an apology. And who are you really? Also there is no signature. Destroy the Hasselblad brand? you're kidding yourself. Leadership commits to something! Maybe that's why often points out the flaws. Until then, I believe that the equipment P1 is more stable and reliable, despite some ergonomic shortcomings. When it comes to the same DB, there are still a lot in the front before the Hasselblad. I'm not trying to destroy anyone, quite the contrary. I believe that competition is good. Time will tell us, who used his chance and who does not.

OP should buy  p45 + h2 - if not completely allowed transition options for system p1. Larger sensor, 1h exposure, lack of microlenses.The ability to use film. Very stable, proven design of this equipment. Price is the same, and many more possibilities.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:26:45 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Nick-T

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2011, 07:44:18 pm »

Also there is no signature.

Good point!
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up