Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which screen?  (Read 1421 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Which screen?
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:43:59 am »

Hi,

I need a higher end screen. 22" or bigger, doesn't necessarily need to be wide gamut (printing will never be wider than sRGB), must be designed to work with 60-80cd/m2 brightness natively, accurate colour, price up to around $1500 including calibration solution though I'd prefer nearer the $1000 mark.

Thoughts?

mediumcool

Re: Which screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:18 am »

Here in Oz, the Eizo Flexscan S2243W is fairly inexpensive at the moment (around $1100AU with hardware calibrator).

T’is a VA panel, so not as angle-viewable-without-changing-colour as IPS models. But cheap for an Eizo.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

kitalight

Re: Which screen?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:56:37 pm »

I like my Viewsonic VP2365wb....especially for $129 refurb price (2 months ago at MacMall.com)...same e-IPS panel (by LG) used in Dell and NEC 23" models...

Some "features" you need to consider:
...built-in speakers? VP has no speakers, hence no need for HDMI input (has only DVI and VGA)
Non-glare coating? VP yes....my preference over high gloss...coating not overwhelming to me
90° rotation capability? VP yes...

Ease of calibration...the VP is great straight out of the box, with brightness and contrast greatly reduced...I used the settings recommended by TFT central
Personal judgement/preference for the color of the particular model...my VP VERY closely matches the 22" CRT (Compaq) I'd used for 3 years...with the VP extending clarity of details in highlights being the most apparent improvement.

Try to see a few models to see before you buy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up