Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Laptop with "good" monitor for CM  (Read 7216 times)

mediumcool

FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

VitOne

Re: Laptop with "good" monitor for CM
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 08:56:04 am »

Are you sure there's really something with a LUT that can't control RGB channels independently? I've never heard of such a thing.

For what I know (and I could be wrong) almost all the mobile graphic card have only one LUT for the 3 primaries. This means that we can’t adjust the white point, so we can’t calibrate properly the monitor to a white point different than the native white point of the mobile pc monitor. This utility can be used to check if the LUT curves are accessible and loadable:  http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=795&Action=Support&SoftwareID=546
Maybe somebody with a laptop can check how many LUT he has and tell us.

About the iPad solutions: this is not was I was looking for, also if it seems interesting.

RFPhotography

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 09:08:15 am »

Given what's going on with HP and the PC division, I'm not sure buying an HP at this time is a wise idea.  For Dell, just hope you never need customer/tech support or warranty service.

The Lenovo W520 might be worth a look.  It's touted as being geared toward graphic work.  Don't know what type of display panel it has but don't believe it's IPS.  It can be configured with a built in colour calibrator.  Not inexpensive though.

Either way, I still wouldn't use a laptop for truly critical work.  I've got an Acer Travelmate at the moment and I'm surprised at how good it is.  I can get reasonably good results with it and for a 'quick and dirty' it's quite good but still come back to the shop for the heavy lifting.

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 10:07:21 am »

Steve my English is not perfect and maybe this was the problem. The meaning of my previous post was:
Thank you for explaining.  I apologize for being too sensitive.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

VitOne

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:19 am »

No problem at all Steve.

I sent some emails about LUT in mobile video cards, I hope that somebody can help me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up