Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford Galerie Fibre Profile for Canon 8300  (Read 741 times)

ccbdesign

Ilford Galerie Fibre Profile for Canon 8300
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:42:42 am »

I have been searching for a little more information on the profiles supplied by Ilford. Seems like I can not make a connection with a rep from Ilford, been trying for over a week. I have been using a 5100 for about 3 years and bought a new 8300 couple weeks ago. I am using the Gold Fibre paper with the suggested setting I can find from Ilford. Prints look pretty good except my 5100 does a much better job. I did however have a custom profile done for the 5100 and assuming that is the reason. Is anyone using the 8300 with canned profiles from Ilford and getting good results???? Below is what I am setting as features....
Using IGGFS13 profiles
Satin Photograph paper 270 (can't locate a Gold Fibre setting)
cnn8392fv.icc

The readme files says this is what works but is for only the 6300S and 8300S. I think the inks are different and assume this has some impact on what I am seeing...
Any help would be appreciated... I probably will eventually have another custom profile made but was trying to see if Ilford has something that will work for now...
thanks

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Ilford Galerie Fibre Profile for Canon 8300
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:22:23 am »

The Canson Baryta Photographique is more or less a clone of the Ilford. Check what you can find for the iPF8300 in profiles and media preset advice on the Canson site.

Pictorico GKR Pro B&W has some similarities in the coating too but differs on the substrate.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

deanwork

Re: Ilford Galerie Fibre Profile for Canon 8300
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:15:36 pm »

He's right. Use the Canson Photographique Baryta profile for the Ilford from the Canson website. It's dead on.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up