Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stone Monoliths, Tory island off Ireland  (Read 8699 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Re: Stone Monoliths, Tory island off Ireland
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 02:24:11 pm »

Great image Enda!

Any chance you could post a 100% crop of the bottom right corner? I'm really interested in the 28 for using with my P45+, but can't find any sample images (other than the test CI did with the IQ back) to have a look at. Curious about the quality of the image circle in the corners at 5/15mm shift.

Jim

Hi Jim
Here is a crop of the bottom right around some rocks to give an idea of the contrast. There is zero sharpening on the image. Hope that helps.

buckshot

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 04:46:37 pm »

Cheers Enda - I have to say that's pretty spectacular given those sort of movements on that wide of a lens.

I noticed the Cambo version has a helical similar to the 24 - I guess there's very little back/front movement of the lens between its closest focussing distance and infinity?

That said, do you even try to focus this, or is it so wide that it's just f11 @ infinity most of the time?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:05:56 pm by buckshot »

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 06:56:53 pm »

Last year I got I believe the very 1st 28mm. (according to Cambo anyway!) i received the lens and to my horror the focus was way off. It turned out it was a pre production lens. Seemingly there were problems with the focus mount so they put the focus ring of a 24mn lens on it! Once they got the issue sorted out I got a replacement lens and the focus ring is fine. Sure. There isn't as much movement as with the Arca option but at the end of the day it's a very wide angle lens. Like you say F11 is grand for the majority of cases
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up