Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image-circle of Hasselblad V lenses?  (Read 6466 times)

henrikfoto

Image-circle of Hasselblad V lenses?
« on: September 11, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »

Can anybody tell me were I can find information on the image-circles of the Hasselblad V lenses?
I would like to use some of them on the Cambo X-2 pro and Phase one df with Leaf aptus 12.

But will there be any room for movements? I have tried to find this information on the Zeiss-pages,
but can't see it.

Henrik

lance_schad

Re: Image-circle of Hasselblad V lenses?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:21:54 pm »

Here is some information I found in respects to the amount of movements on a Flexbody w/ V-Series lens. Not all V-Seires lenses have the same size image circle:

Lens Coverage
CFE 40 +/- 1mm

CFi 50 +/- 5mm

CB 60 +/- 10mm

CFE 80 +/- 10mm

CFi 100 +/- 14mm

CFi 120 +/-  14mm

CFi 150 +/- 15mm

CFi 180 +/- 12mm

CFi 250 +/- 10mm

Lance
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »

Here is some information I found in respects to the amount of movements on a Flexbody w/ V-Series lens. Not all V-Seires lenses have the same size image circle:

Lens Coverage
CFE 40 +/- 1mm

CFi 50 +/- 5mm

CB 60 +/- 10mm

CFE 80 +/- 10mm

CFi 100 +/- 14mm

CFi 120 +/-  14mm

CFi 150 +/- 15mm

CFi 180 +/- 12mm

CFi 250 +/- 10mm

Lance

Mind you that those values are for a 6x6 frame, there is more room with the DB. You may also want to check the Mamiya RZ lenses, they have a larger circle and equally high resolution. I have tried them on my P2 with my 528c with impressive results. Regards, Theodoros www.fotometria.gr

henrikfoto

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:40:51 pm »

Thanks a lot to both of you!

Theodoras, are there any of the RZ lenses that are especially good?

Hemrik

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »

Also remember that those are for infinity. If you are doing table-top you'll get more movement.

Also remember that any source of image circle numbers is always based on some specific threshold for quality. You can shift further into a lens when using a back that can only resolve 6 megapixels. When using a back that can resolve 80mp, if you want to get sharp images at 100% (which is not always important depending on usage) then you won't be happy with the outside edge of the image circle.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

henrikfoto

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:46:49 pm »

Thanks a lot, but I just wondered one thing:
The room for movements with the V lenses is for the Flexbody were the back is tilted.
Will the room for movements be the same if the lens is tilted and not the back?

Henrik
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:01:52 pm by henrikfoto »

epines

• ethan pines photography
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »

I've gotten more shift out of them than Zeiss says is possible. Here's my experience (on 6x6 film with a Flexbody; on a 48mm x 36mm sensor, you get a lot more shift, especially if you're shifting in a direction perpendicular to the sensor's orientation):

40mm CFE: 2-3mm
50mm CFi: 7-8mm; at 10mm, light vignetting is visible
60mm & 80mm: 12-13mm; at 15mm, light vignetting is visible
120mm: 15mm

As mentioned, this is at infinity. It also helps to remove the lens hood (which starts to appear in the frame at the limits of shift).

The shift available increases dramatically when using a smaller sensor, as described above. I've gotten a full 15mm vertical shift out of the 40mm, with a 48x36 sensor positioned horizontally. I coudn't see any vignetting at the edge (bearing in mind that the edge was part of a room, and not a clean area like a blue sky).

ethan pines

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 05:43:50 pm »

Thanks a lot to both of you!

Theodoras, are there any of the RZ lenses that are especially good?

Hemrik
I have only tried the 90 f3.8 and the 127 f3.5, as I said they where superb, in fact I decided to use my P2 with RZ lenses from now on, since I won't be using 4x5 or 2x3 anymore but only the DB. The lenses I tried, I borrowed from a friend with a special lens board he purchased on ebay from Germany, they were clearly better than all my 4x5 lenses. The way I understand it is that If the circle is big to cover 4x5 then obviously resolution drops because there is so much image cropped. On the other hand if the circle is too tight, you might have soft edges of the frame. I now have sold all my P2 lenses and accessories and kept the body only, its gonna be RZ lenses for me, they seem better for the particular job due to bigger circle, but this is only my suspicion/decision, I haven't tried Hassy, my MF system is Contax 645. Regards Theodoros www.fotometria.gr
Pages: [1]   Go Up