Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: selections for a show  (Read 4609 times)

popnfresh

Re: selections for a show
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »

Pop, If it were a firewall problem I'd be having trouble with at least one or two other sites, but I'm not. My ISP is Qwest, which covers most of this part of the country. Seems to me that if Qwest were the problem there's be a deafening outcry. If I were having trouble with other sites I'd spend time tracking down the problem, but it's a cost/benefit consideration: I have a lot of other stuff that needs doing.
Well, it turns out that there is a problem with the DNS for jeremypayne.net that may affect some regions and not others. One of the domain's nameservers isn't responding to DNS requests. I've attached a screen grab of the DNS report I just ran on the domain that shows the problem.

popnfresh

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 05:43:21 pm »

There's one other problem with the domain involving the CNAME record that could account for the timeouts with some connections. See attached screen grab.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:30 pm »

AH HA!!!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

jeremypayne

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »

AH HA!!!
I don't think that's it. It may be a dynamic dns issue, but I doubt it has anything to do with the google-hosted domain jeremypayne.net.

Try this - http://66.108.69.34/web/show

@chuck ... I'm trying to sell some prints to an audience that includes, but is not limited to, a bunch of people who may have seen one or two things I have done but aren't familiar with the breadth of the images in my portfolio.  There are people that know I take a portrait now and then, but have never seen any landscape images.  There are people that have seen landscapes that have never seen city stuff.  I could do several different strongly-themed shows ... I will think on it some more ...

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 12:33:47 pm »

Well, it turns out that there is a problem with the DNS for jeremypayne.net that may affect some regions and not others. One of the domain's nameservers isn't responding to DNS requests. I've attached a screen grab of the DNS report I just ran on the domain that shows the problem.

While not a regular event, it’s not uncommon for a DNS service providers to experience problems. This is why it’s always a good idea to use dns servers from 2 different providers.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up