Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On the water  (Read 1926 times)

armand

• Photos
On the water
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:58:40 pm »

Locally, around my new location

sdwilsonsct

Re: On the water
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:23:03 pm »

Hey Armand -- I like No 1, especially the two greens and the pink punctuation mark. Not sure why the leaves are so blue ... interesting. I would be tempted to focus on these elements by cropping out the top of the picture. Scott

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:34:25 pm »

I thought a lot if I should crop the top but I liked more the current version.
Here is a crop version of it. Btw, it's shot with a Canon S90.

PS. the blue might come from the cooler WB that I used

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55:42 pm »

two more from the neighborhood

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:54:43 am »

Re the first series, take a look at the following link  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41374.0

Tim does *really* great work and seeing it might help (and others) you get where you're going with these nice captures.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »

Re the first series, take a look at the following link  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41374.0

Tim does *really* great work and seeing it might help (and others) you get where you're going with these nice captures.

Nice shots. I have some good potential in these ponds, and the light in the evening when I get there tends to be quite good.
I just need to wait for the fall colors now and hopefully I will have enough time to set my better camera properly (first 2 shots were taken with a Canon S90 while walking with my kids). I already know the area so it should help, I'll post the shots if I get something worthwhile.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 12:39:46 pm »

Here is an example of the potential that looks somehow like the shots that you mentioned. Not great, but given the right camera/lens (which I didn't have) and light I should be able to get something more pleasing.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »

^^ I like this one, but suggest trying a gradient to darken the foreground a bit. The brilliance of the foreground reflections captures my attention and refuses to let me spend much time elsewhere.

For some of my favorite captures, I've gone back to the same location up do dozen times and taken hundreds of captures to get what I'm after. If you can see it in your mind's eye, wait until the conditions match your goal and go back until you get what you're after.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:25:02 pm by Justan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up