Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning in the Midsouth  (Read 1544 times)

philipkenney

Morning in the Midsouth
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:26:57 pm »

Woke up the other day and saw some great skies so I went out to take some images. Let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:28:55 pm by philipkenney »

Jon Meddings

Re: Morning in the Midsouth
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:24:02 pm »

Hi Phillip!  Looks like it was a nice day alright. I like the composition of the second shot with the tree identified by the light, converging lines and being nicely off-center.  I`m a little less fond of the processing - it seems too HDR`ish for my taste with the halos around the tree. Perhaps it is my monitor but I`d prefer it a bit more subtle.  However, great job and thanks for posting these.

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:51:21 am »

I also shoot neat skies when they occur, mainly to use in other shots with blah skies. Other than the sky 100% of what was under the sky is irrelevant and, in my case, never used. So I shoot only the sky in those cases and forget about the other parts. It's amazing to me how many of these "banked" skies I use later.

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:52 pm »

The Midsouth?

Where is this?

Nice work!
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

philipkenney

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:56:59 pm »

Jon, thanks for the tip. Sometimes after looking at a screen long enough you don't see halos as easily as the naked eye!

These were taken in Shelby Farms in Memphis, TN. It is a very large municipal park that is pretty much old farm land. I live right next to it and it has some good, southern landscapes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up