Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: more arches  (Read 1249 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
more arches
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:55:39 pm »

Comments?

Jeremy

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: more arches
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:03:32 pm »

Is that the Alhambra? I haven't been there for ages - a fantastic place! Even if this scene is elsewhere, it reminds me.

I love the way you have framed the distant arch within the near arch. I would have cropped a bit closer, so the near arch is emphasized more. To my eye, the dark rectangles at the top, left, and right do not add to the image.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:33:22 am »

Nice, like the subject and the treatement.

Some small details:
- the verticals are a bit at an angle on the right side,
- I would have kept more space between the picture edge and the white arche on the left than on the right, since the overall opening of the image is towards the left,
- I would try to bring levels a tiny bit down in the sunlit floor area in the middle of the image.

Cheers,
Bernard

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:50:05 am »

Very nice image but I can only agree with Bernard's points.
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:59:42 pm »

Nice, like the subject and the treatement.

Some small details:
- the verticals are a bit at an angle on the right side,
- I would have kept more space between the picture edge and the white arche on the left than on the right, since the overall opening of the image is towards the left,
- I would try to bring levels a tiny bit down in the sunlit floor area in the middle of the image.
Fair points all, Bernard. I don't have any more space to the left in the shot, alas, but I have narrowed the crop on the right and fiddled it a bit so the verticals are now vertical. You are certainly right about the floor: it's funny how one can miss things which are obvious when pointed out. Here is an amended version.

Peter, it's the Great Mosque of Paris, in 5ème, a rather lovely building.

Jeremy

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:55:16 am »

The image is a nice study in tones but, imo, could use some work. The engravings above the columns on the far wall (the central part of the image) look washed out as do the brick tops on what appears to be reflecting ponds. The plants on the left also look a little light on the upper parts, where they catch the sun directly. There is a lot of the walkway in the foreground walkway. It is kind of interesting for the textures and the need for cleaning, but, were it mine, I’d crop it a bit, maybe about 1/3rd or so.

The eye goes round and round looking for something but i can't find a place to rest and say, “This is cool!” A person or resting pet or even a bird would add greatly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up