Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed, choosing printer for my business !  (Read 7728 times)

george clooney

Re: Help needed, choosing printer for my business !
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 10:10:02 am »

If my memory is correct today's dry minilabs do 1500  4x6's an hour or an equivalent 22 M2 an hour, in my book that would be 500 8x10's an hour. Cut at all edges and possibly with a job number + address label added. I am not in that business but I imagine it is like that. The fastest wide format inkjets are the Canon iPFx300 category and they make about 6 M2 an hour from the roll if my memory serves me correctly. You still have to cut that output, make sure that all you do in that envelope go to the right customer etc. Any desktop sheet model inkjet printer slows down considerably compared to roll feeding units. You will find some office inkjet sheet models that are faster but their photo quality is not what you want.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop

http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

That would make more sense to me Ernst, for the D701 it is in fact 250/hour on a roll sheet the figure i got before was for sheet paper. So a big advantage of those mini labs is also efficiency with those print sorter units which would indeed be hugely beneficial to us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up