Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: waterton and Glacier national parks  (Read 2084 times)

Clooney13

waterton and Glacier national parks
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:17:37 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Things that might be worthwhile in Glacier:

1)  Wild Goose Island (near the east end of Road to the Sun) might make an interesting sunset shot.
2) Logan Pass Lots of nearby peaks and wild flowers
3)There are some very interesting valleys just before and after Logan Pass.
4)Waterton cruises.  they have a sunset one and one that leaves @9 AM are probably best for photography.  Nice shots of the Prince of Wales hotel possible
5)  The best short hike in Waterton is the Bear's Hump, it's on the edge of the township, gorgeous view of the surrounding area, might be a good sunrise area, as it faces east[/font]

Khurram

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 06:16:05 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']i'm going to be going on a short trip to waterton/glacier park
only 2 1/2 days to spend.

any recommendations for must see, and possible sunrise/sunset locations.

i will have only limited time for landscape shots, - going with friends and family, so will have to limit my photo ops of landscape   so i'm looking for places i can do on my own during the 2-3 hrs i'm going to try and get away from the group.  any good locations suggestions for panoramics?[/font]
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:03:04 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']thanks for the suggestions.
i'll keep them in mind next time i'm there.

wen there friday night, with the wife and some friends, and contrary to the sunny 26degree forecast for the weekend, it was grey overcast and raining, and on saterday the rain was really coming down, after seeing the same forecast for the rest of the weekend, we ended up checking out saterday.

i'm hoping to plan anotther trip for september - hopefully the weather will cooperate!![/font]
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog
Pages: [1]   Go Up