Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP ProB 9180 + Datacolor Spyder3Print SR on Matte Paper = Problem  (Read 1317 times)

JSFotografie

HP ProB 9180 + Datacolor Spyder3Print SR on Matte Paper = Problem
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:44 am »

Hey all!
As i wrote in the title i have a massive problem printing on Matte Paper with my Datacolor icc profiles.
Here is my workflow:
1. print targets with Datacolor 4.2.1 software on Hahnemühle Photorag 308 (paper setting: Hp fine art paper)
2. wait overnight and make the profiles with Datacolor (tried both 225 with and without grey)
3. in Photoshop open testimage turn softproof on with the profile i just made...everything looks fine as this is a matte paper the contrast goes a little bit down.
4. then in the print dialog i set in color management: photoshop manages color, load the icc profile and renderintent perceptual or saturated as datacolor recommends
5. in the printer settings i have paper setting: hp fine art paper  and than hit print:

result: a WAY to dark print not usable....
when i instead of my profile use the one from the Hahnemühle website for my HP9180 i got a very very nice result.

on the other hand when i print in pearl or glossy paper i got perfect results with my profiles.

hope anybody can suggest me something what i can try or do i have NO idea what to to next :-(

cheers an thx janosch

JSFotografie

Re: HP ProB 9180 + Datacolor Spyder3Print SR on Matte Paper = Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »

oh man it seems i found the problem :-/

i was printing from OSX 10.6 using the Lates HP 9180 driver....and it seems that this driver is making the trouble.....i just now printed new targets and they look TOTALY different than the ones before. I went back to my OS X 10.5.8 with the old HP 9180 Driver and here i can chose inside the printer settings that it dont uses color management will report tomorrow the results

cheers janosch

JSFotografie

Re: HP ProB 9180 + Datacolor Spyder3Print SR on Matte Paper = Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 02:15:45 am »

what can i say now i got perfect results :-)

also thx to the VERY GOOD Datacolor support! their ticket structur works very well and they know what they are talking about :-) no i got great results on any kind of paper! YAY :D

cheers janosch
Pages: [1]   Go Up