Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR onto PC  (Read 1617 times)

kingscurate

LR onto PC
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:58:58 am »

Hi gents, im after some suggestions to a problem. I upgraded to LR3 last year through an online upgrade. That was on my laptop and have since built a pc with a new viewsonic monitor, so obviously now want to use pc do my editing. Tried to install LR on pc i need original serial number for previous LR, which i no longer have.  I contacted adobe but got no joy although i know they can install LR on my pc. So how do i go about editing my photos from laptop using LR and then onto pc??

Cheers
I aint a pro

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: LR onto PC
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:04:45 pm »

Why do you no longer have your serial number?

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

kingscurate

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:07:43 pm »

I have LR3 serial number but have not got the original serial number from LR1.  I didnt get WARNED to keep this serial number as i may need it in future.
I aint a pro

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:14:14 pm »

If you bought it legally and registered it there is a record on your Adobe account. Go to  Adobe>My Adobe>My Products
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:18:52 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

kingscurate

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:22:48 pm »

There are forums you can use where you can post dodgy querys.  After browsing this 1, this site imo is not one.  Therefore i post a legit query, im waiting for further response off adobe, but i hold my breath on that.  I did forget to mention i have PS on my pc to edit , so to rephrase my question: after importing my raw files in LR3 on my laptop and done initial edits, what do you suggest is the best way to finish off any prints on my pc using ps. And with my pc using a better monitor i can see what needs improving

Cheers
I aint a pro

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:44:56 pm »

Interesting you "rephrase" the question by posting an entirely different question?

That's a big question. Sounds like you need to learn about softproofing for final printing. Do a search here for softproofing in PS ans a ton of material will show up.

Also you may want to purchase the tutorial: Camera To Print and Screen. Its a good deal for what you get and I'm sure it will help you allot.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:51:42 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

kingscurate

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 12:52:05 pm »

Not really same question with more info.  I have read on here most seem to use a laptop and a mac/pc. So im no different. I did buy it legit. If it was illegal i could have installed up and running in the time posting on here. I spent an hour and half online talking to pardeep which in english translates as thick indian, im sure you have come across this in your time and understand any frustrations

Cheers
I aint a pro

aduke

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:11 pm »

If I were in your shoes, I would:

1.  Export the RAW file to a TIF, in the same folder as the raw
2.  Copy the TIF to an external harddrive
3.  Attach the HD to the PC
4.  Process the image, saving the updated image into the same file on the HD
5.  Attach the HD to the laptop
6.  Copy the TIF from the HD to the original location on the laptop
7.  Open LR in the laptop
8.  Read the metadata from the file to the catalog.

Alternatively, you could move the catalog and all of the images to the external HD on the laptop, the do steps 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8.

Alan

kingscurate

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 02:16:59 pm »

Thanks.
I aint a pro

jrsforums

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 03:06:07 pm »

Open LR3.  Go to 'help', Then 'Lightroom Registration'.   When that opens, click on 'license' on upper left.  The serial and original serial number will be shown.

John
John

kingscurate

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

you beauty. Gonna try it now
I aint a pro

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 03:29:38 pm »

If you bought it legally and registered it there is a record on your Adobe account. Go to  Adobe>My Adobe>My Products

I spent an hour and half online talking to pardeep which in english translates as thick indian, im sure you have come across this in your time and understand any frustrations

I understand. I am quite personally aware of the frustration with such support. That is why I gave you the instructions above. It takes all of about one minute to retrieve all of your codes going back years with Adobe by following that path. With my account it gives me every code for every purchased software and up grade going back like 9 years.

Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

kingscurate

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »

Kirk, See where your coming from, but ive always bought retail, then realised to upgrade to LR3 it was damn sight cheaper to download. So once id installed the download and 12 mths later my earlier version of LR had well gone.  So no serial number.

JRSforums, yes now got LR on desktop.

Many thanks everyone
I aint a pro

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 04:05:48 pm »

You are not following me. If you registered the product with a valid code-which you have to do to get the software to work-your codes get listed on the Adobe site under your "my adobe" account. It doesn't matter where you bought it. You had to register it with a valid code right?
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings
Pages: [1]   Go Up