Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numerous Photoshop Crashes being reported  (Read 8233 times)

stamper

Re: Numerous Photoshop Crashes being reported
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 11:44:21 am »

Read it again and think about it. If I posted a question about Photoshop, however misguided, then I wouldn't want to read this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:45:58 am by stamper »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »

I didn't know there was an argument to lose

Unquote

Going by the numbers of posts made to trying to prove his point it looked argumentative to me? ;)

assuming of course he has a legal copy of Photoshop.

Unquote

Would you like the same accusation thrown at you? Any evidence to back up this up?

I didn't accuse him of anything. The fact is - reflecting on a previous post by another member - that this is a *possible reason* for program crashes. I was simply reflecting on this and hopefully dismissing it as a possible cause of the problem. If you read into this that I was accusing him of anything, that's your problem, but not my intention.

Now, what do you think his purpose in posting was? Was he coming here for help with a problem? Again, you may be misunderstanding me - for clarity, I meant that the PURPOSE of the thread was not to be an argument about anything but a request for help. You are correct that it became argumentative for fairly obvious reasons.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

stamper

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 01:34:32 pm »

I accept what you say but it could be seen as a question about legality? Perhaps wrongly phrased? It did somewhat surprise me that a well respected poster would ask something like this. All's well that ends well. :)

stamper

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

Now, what do you think his purpose in posting was? Was he coming here for help with a problem? Again, you may be misunderstanding me - for clarity, I meant that the PURPOSE of the thread was not to be an argument about anything but a request for help. You are correct that it became argumentative for fairly obvious reasons.

Unquote

I have noticed in the last week or two a few new posters posting "pointed" questions with looks like a reasonable argument and then when a reply is made then the answer becomes more "pointed" . Perhaps the cynical side of me coming to the fore? :)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 01:50:33 pm »

Well, really hard to say - you may well have a point. Discussion can evolve from one mood to the next pretty fast from a keyboard. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to require all participants to use their real names. It could have a calming effect on the tenor of some of the "discussion" that goes on.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 02:23:02 pm »

Read it again and think about it. If I posted a question about Photoshop, however misguided, then I wouldn't want to read this.
I've re-read it and given it thought. I still don't see it as an accusation.

Jeremy

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:24 pm »

I've re-read it and given it thought. I still don't see it as an accusation.

Jeremy

You're right - it wasn't.

stamper

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »

The O/P should follow it and report back the results, assuming of course he has a legal copy of Photoshop.

Unquote

I will leave it at that. :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »

The O/P should follow it and report back the results, assuming of course he has a legal copy of Photoshop.

Unquote

I will leave it at that. :)
Stamper, we agree on many things so I think we must simply agree to differ on this one. I shall also leave it at that.

Jeremy

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »

I am running CS5 and Win 7 64 bit. I have experenced  crashes when I try to open a file, and sometimes when I try to save a file. I always get a message thet the system is not responding, and I can either close or check the web for a solution, then close. I have gotten into the habit of saving my file every several minutes. Usually when I restart Photoshop, it is OK for a while, but then the crashes start again.
No big deal, but certainly inconvenient.
Thanks
Dave

MichaelWorley

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 01:55:38 pm »

Only read the last complaint in the list. Anyone notice it's a year old, involved PS 3D, but was nonetheless solved by turning off Open GL drawing? Adobe conceded there was probably a bug in the driver which, in the last year, I bet they've addressed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up