Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad firmware update for H4D-40 and H4D-50 - updated screen etc...  (Read 16019 times)

design_freak

Re: Hasselblad firmware update for H4D-40 and H4D-50 - updated screen etc...
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 12:35:16 pm »

I do not know any Sven, sorry. I am not a Hasselblad employee and I am not paid by Hasselblad or work for them (I'm guessing Sven is a name of someone there). You never know, I may switch to Minolta tomorrow ;)

Look, in light of what James said above, I do not want to say any words that will cause anger or alarm. I wish the best for you and your family, no more fighting.

;d

Thanks
Best regards,
DF

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 01:41:43 pm »

I love my 60...hold my 60 its not H4D60?

I think its , but who know

I still have canon,, one of this day I will sale all.

I love my i-phone, who in the hell are those the say I have to pay extra if I have i-phone, I am sick of all controlling my life..one of this day I will sale that too.

Freak as u can see I do not have a good day, U care?
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

design_freak

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 03:07:51 pm »

I love my 60...hold my 60 its not H4D60?

I think its , but who know

I still have canon,, one of this day I will sale all.

I love my i-phone, who in the hell are those the say I have to pay extra if I have i-phone, I am sick of all controlling my life..one of this day I will sale that too.

Freak as u can see I do not have a good day, U care?

Cheer up! tomorrow is another day :-) H4D60 should not be fake! You can sleep peacefully ;-)
BTW very nice pictures you have!!
Best regards,
DF

BrendanStewart

• http://www.symbolphoto.com
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

from H3D to H4D.

Hasselblad just found a way to update some users for free. Both the first time and the second.  This is great.

Man i wish i was on that boat. I'm dying to get my H3DII-31 to an H4D body already.... :(

design_freak

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:18 am »

Man i wish i was on that boat. I'm dying to get my H3DII-31 to an H4D body already.... :(

Sorry, It was clear when you bought your camera. That camera is in very low price, and you can't join trade-in program. So from Legal point of view, you can't do anything. Just wait until they will looking for extend marketshare.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2011, 11:08:23 am »

Insist: Nothing is missing from your H4D. The new tech was never part of the package

Best regards,

James
How do you explain the fact that in the normal "production camera" was a display with higher resolution, so that when uploading the firmware, you can enjoy the higher resolution? Hmmm?  So, just missing the display and perhaps even some other electronic components.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2011, 11:32:43 am »

Apparently you need a lawyer to explain it
Best regards,
DF

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »

here is my life to the right
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

jduncan

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 07:34:10 am »

How do you explain the fact that in the normal "production camera" was a display with higher resolution, so that when uploading the firmware, you can enjoy the higher resolution? Hmmm?  So, just missing the display and perhaps even some other electronic components.

Did Hasselblad promisse you any of this before you  buy the camera?  The only reason they are not calling this a H4DII is because some cleaver tech people  found a way of adding the functionality  to cameras that should not have it. Hasselblad told the buyers that only the H4D-60 will have the double resolution display.  In that sense maybe the H4D-60 users that buy the camera for the display and not for the resolution could protest.

Nobody should be expecting this. The decision is based in the possibilities of the hardware. Of course, you are entitled to feel left over.
But your camera is not suddenly laking any thing that was promised. If tomorrow Hasselblad starts to sale cameras with better electronics ( a single process shrink) I will not be mad if they add features later down the road to the cameras that could.

You were not protesting before they gave this to some users. That means nothing is missing.

Best regards,

James

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:36:36 am by jduncan »
english is not my first language, an I k

design_freak

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 08:33:07 am »

Did Hasselblad promisse you any of this before you  buy the camera?  The only reason they are not calling this a H4DII is because some cleaver tech people  found a way of adding the functionality  to cameras that should not have it. Hasselblad told the buyers that only the H4D-60 will have the double resolution display.  In that sense maybe the H4D-60 users that buy the camera for the display and not for the resolution could protest.

Nobody should be expecting this. The decision is based in the possibilities of the hardware. Of course, you are entitled to feel left over.
But your camera is not suddenly laking any thing that was promised. If tomorrow Hasselblad starts to sale cameras with better electronics ( a single process shrink) I will not be mad if they add features later down the road to the cameras that could.

You were not protesting before they gave this to some users. That means nothing is missing.

Best regards,

James

Necessary to distinguish between two things, legal and marketing aspect. By law the user performing the upgrade of H3DII50 received H4D50. This is documented in an invoice of purchase. Everything would be ok, if not the content of advertising. "You've Just Got a Brand New Camera - You Just Don't Know it Yet"

Guy who is convinced that he has H4D50 and learns that, he has to pay for it. Speaking gently feel disappointed not to say cheated. how it will be very stubborn to find a lawyer who would help him. Worse if it is an organized group. Just here lies the problem. Who needs issues when you can avoid them. Please note that I said clearly that this is only an assumption that such an event took place. I am a fairly intelligent man and I understand it, but not everyone will understand it. Example, I remember many years ago, when in the ad was a box with the hardware inside. In one device was a battery, which was not part of the set. (The battery is there because it looked better in the photo) I had to deliver the battery and charger. After the phone from a client and lawyer I was glad that the Lord did not want to get a model who appeared in this campaign. Remember that lawyers are big pigs. Greetings
Best regards,
DF

Fotografz

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 05:17:23 am »

Hmm, this is odd.  A company offers to upgrade a camera body for those with the previous model, and the person upgrading expects that their digital back they already have will also be upgraded for that nominal price? Now that is wishful thinking taken to its ultimate extreme. Sure would be nice if the whole industry became a non-profit entity and did that.

So, then I could upgrade a Phase One camera to the latest version, and also get the new IQ60 back to replace a P65+ along with it?  Sign me up today! LOL!

Alas, I live in the real world where fairy tales never come true. Sigh.

-Marc

Oh, BTW, Hasselblad beat their projected deadline for the firmware update ... it has been live for days now.

design_freak

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 08:02:53 am »

Hmm, this is odd.  A company offers to upgrade a camera body for those with the previous model, and the person upgrading expects that their digital back they already have will also be upgraded for that nominal price? Now that is wishful thinking taken to its ultimate extreme. Sure would be nice if the whole industry became a non-profit entity and did that.

So, then I could upgrade a Phase One camera to the latest version, and also get the new IQ60 back to replace a P65+ along with it?  Sign me up today! LOL!

Alas, I live in the real world where fairy tales never come true. Sigh.

-Marc

Oh, BTW, Hasselblad beat their projected deadline for the firmware update ... it has been live for days now.

Unfortunately, unless you're aware that "Hasslblad HxD" is a camera such as Canon and Nikon. Buying H4D acquire an integrated camera. (P1 buying, buying a separate body and digitalback). And so it is treated when buying, so the conclusion of the contract between the parties. No one requires that these companies become charities. But if they voluntarily decided to replace the camera with a new one. They should keep the agreement. I have nothing more to say.

As for the new firmware. I am very glad that was released before the planned time. May this it has become a general practice  :)

Best regards,
DF

Fotografz

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:05 am »

I was unaware that you could upgrade a Nikon camera body and keep the sensor ... which of course you cannot.

Fortunately, the HD camera is modular, which allows the maker to upgrade part, but not all of the camera at a reasonable cost rather than making an owner buy a whole new camera/back/finder.

I thought that was nice of them to do for their H3D-II customers so they could take advantage of the really important innovation ... True Focus.

But alas, it seems no good deed goes unpunished.

-Marc

design_freak

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 10:29:55 am »

I was unaware that you could upgrade a Nikon camera body and keep the sensor ... which of course you cannot.

Fortunately, the HD camera is modular, which allows the maker to upgrade part, but not all of the camera at a reasonable cost rather than making an owner buy a whole new camera/back/finder.

I thought that was nice of them to do for their H3D-II customers so they could take advantage of the really important innovation ... True Focus.

But alas, it seems no good deed goes unpunished.

-Marc

Of course, these are names. But the Hasselblad camera system called " integrated" , so it must be treated so. Good deed was on notice of the exchange program. I am convinced that this was done for the sake of good relations with customers and in good faith. Unfortunately, this year someone very greedy once again decided to pluck their customers. And this isn't the good deed, unfortunately, has nothing in common. Let's  leave this subject. Nobody withdraw time.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:31:41 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Fotografz

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2011, 11:32:33 am »

Your new camera is not integrated anymore?

How does it work? I suspect it works just fine.

So, it seems the greedy part of all this is wanting a whole new camera for the price of a new H4 body + integration with your existing back.

When the H5 appears, I shall want to trade just my H4 camera but get a whole new camera with all the updated digital back hardware and innovations. That would be cool for me, but I fear not so cool for Hasselblad's bottom line. Maybe they can apply for non-profit status?

I am not an independent Hasseblad technical advisor like you, but I did understand their upgrade program ... which seemed pretty simple ... a less expensive way to get H4 functionality without the full H4 price tag.

Good luck and happy shooting,

-Marc

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »

-Marc

Nice to see you here on the LL Forum, Marc - did you decide you wanted a change of scene?

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

Fotografz

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »

Hi John!

Yeah, It's holiday time, so I took a holiday break ... LOL!

-Marc

design_freak

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2011, 04:10:19 am »

Your new camera is not integrated anymore?

How does it work? I suspect it works just fine.

So, it seems the greedy part of all this is wanting a whole new camera for the price of a new H4 body + integration with your existing back.

When the H5 appears, I shall want to trade just my H4 camera but get a whole new camera with all the updated digital back hardware and innovations. That would be cool for me, but I fear not so cool for Hasselblad's bottom line. Maybe they can apply for non-profit status?

I am not an independent Hasseblad technical advisor like you, but I did understand their upgrade program ... which seemed pretty simple ... a less expensive way to get H4 functionality without the full H4 price tag.

-Marc

What beautiful Monday morning  :)

You see and here we got to the point. Your example of the H5 displayed by you're greedy. So when you bought your H4, after two weeks of purchase the manufacturer has not announced a new model. The manufacturer did not announce that everybody who bought H4D in the last month they will swap it for H5. If you bought in the past weeks, everything is still ahead of you, and I keep my fingers crossed that they did.

I'm going back to work.

I wish you the pleasures of Christmas break  :)

Best regards,
DF
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up