Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad firmware update for H4D-40 and H4D-50 - updated screen etc...  (Read 16022 times)

Nick-T

Re: Hasselblad firmware update for H4D-40 and H4D-50 - updated screen etc...
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:54 pm »

Hey Design Freak!

Thought I should pop into this thread and say hi as there might be a few new visitors here who don't know your history with Hasselblad.

Folks Design Freak used to be a Hasselblad dealer in Poland. He is no longer a dealer, you may draw your own conclusions from that.

Mr Freak has a rather large axe to grind.

And now back to our regular programming :)

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

design_freak

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 05:36:02 pm »

Hey Design Freak!

Thought I should pop into this thread and say hi as there might be a few new visitors here who don't know your history with Hasselblad.

Folks Design Freak used to be a Hasselblad dealer in Poland. He is no longer a dealer, you may draw your own conclusions from that.

Mr Freak has a rather large axe to grind.

And now back to our regular programming :)

Nick-T

And this explains why many people have equipment that is not hardware for which they paid?

Nick, buddy:) They have a lot to pay you, that you did it. Personally I have no problem with that. You can insult me, try to belittle me. No one will affect what I think.
Best regards,
DF

Nick-T

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »

No insult intended Mr Freak, I just think it's useful for people to know who they are talking to. That's why my sig has the forum I run so that people know I have a hasselblad bias.
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

design_freak

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 06:08:48 pm »

No insult intended Mr Freak, I just think it's useful for people to know who they are talking to. That's why my sig has the forum I run so that people know I have a hasselblad bias.

To be clear, now I'm on the other side of the barricade. So the user.
Once you're so helpful, you can write what you think about this because David seems to have no time.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »

Nick,
I understand that you need time to consult with your employers. I'm looking for a meaningful response.

good night
Best regards,
DF

Mr. Rib

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »

(...) No one will affect what I think.

Yesss, don't let them get to you!

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:54 pm »

Actually, I am hearing from several users that they are looking forward to the update - the spirit level will help me in the most practical way; I suppose that means I am not quite level-headed?

John

(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 11:40:16 pm »

Nick, is it true that Mr. Freak's dealership was canceled because he did not pay Hasseblad for equipment? It would explain why he is so mad and antagonistic.

Thanks for the update on who he really is. It actually explains a lot.

;d

design_freak

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 01:35:15 am »

Yesss, don't let them get to you!

Typical behavior of Polish
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:38:42 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 01:42:03 am »

Nick, is it true that Mr. Freak's dealership was canceled because he did not pay Hasseblad for equipment? It would explain why he is so mad and antagonistic.

;d

Can also explains why many photographers have H4D50 that is not full-fledged hardware? Although their invoice says different.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:44:28 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 01:55:03 am »

Actually, I am hearing from several users that they are looking forward to the update - the spirit level will help me in the most practical way; I suppose that means I am not quite level-headed?

John

I also say that this is a nice option. I am not surprised that many are waiting for. Trying to reach those less witted fellows, that many photographers are surprised that they do not have a "H4D" even though they were convinced that it has. And these colleagues do not understand that the photographer may feel cheated.

Best regards,
DF

Mr. Rib

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 04:50:32 am »

Typical behavior of Polish
To be honest freak, that's exactly what I thought about your bitching in this topic. It's just always not enough is it. And this blind stubborness, typical.
A company happened to come up with a new iteration of their equipment shortly after releasing something to the market. They offer a solution for people which unfortunately bought the equipment right before H4D premiere. You are getting a FREE upgrade to H4D. Ok, not the same H4D you'd buy but all the essential features of H4D are there (in fact all of the features you'd be buying H4D for are there). And you are still moaning? Be thankful that the company is looking for a solution for their clients and gives a helping hand. Think about what Apple is doing - they don't give a damn about your wallet and what you're getting. I heard that in Germany in one of the networks you can already pay for Iphone 5 even though noone knows when exactly will it hit the market and what would be the features. Heck, noone has even seen it. Not to mention that iPad 2 was a makeshift solution, forced by the marketing needs and iPad 3 will hit the market in no time. And that's the most succesful company out there at the moment. Consider the circumstances and what is going on around you and then start moaning about getting a free upgrade.   

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 05:14:13 am »

To be clear, now I'm on the other side of the barricade. So the user.
Once you're so helpful, you can write what you think about this because David seems to have no time.

Time is one thing.

For sure, it is not a perfect situation, but we are trying to do right by all. 
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

design_freak

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:41 am »

To be honest freak, that's exactly what I thought about your bitching in this topic. It's just always not enough is it. And this blind stubborness, typical.
A company happened to come up with a new iteration of their equipment shortly after releasing something to the market. They offer a solution for people which unfortunately bought the equipment right before H4D premiere. You are getting a FREE upgrade to H4D. Ok, not the same H4D you'd buy but all the essential features of H4D are there (in fact all of the features you'd be buying H4D for are there). And you are still moaning? Be thankful that the company is looking for a solution for their clients and gives a helping hand. Think about what Apple is doing - they don't give a damn about your wallet and what you're getting. I heard that in Germany in one of the networks you can already pay for Iphone 5 even though noone knows when exactly will it hit the market and what would be the features. Heck, noone has even seen it. Not to mention that iPad 2 was a makeshift solution, forced by the marketing needs and iPad 3 will hit the market in no time. And that's the most succesful company out there at the moment. Consider the circumstances and what is going on around you and then start moaning about getting a free upgrade.   

Dear friend, unfortunately you have misunderstood what I wrote. Praise them for constantly upgrading the equipment. Your comparison to Apple is pretty weak. Apple changes the equipment pretty often, along with small changes. But subsequent versions have different names. Nobody is in no doubt as to which equipment has. Everything is bright and clear. He wants a new, and gets paid. In this case it is different. And the customer has a right to feel cheated. It's like buy a car with a turbo engine, and then get a proposal to purchase the module which will make a turbo that will work. And this poor user in good faith acquired the car, which according to the documents is a car with turbo. Just now Hasselblad should find a way to handle this shortcoming. All the time I trust that this action was not intentional.
Best regards,
DF

Mr. Rib

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 06:15:44 am »

This was not a comparison, since in my opinion what Apple does is much more insolent than the case of Hasselblad you described. I was just giving an example of nowadays company's policy/marketing. As for Hassy- sure it's not a perfect solution from your perspecvite, but there is no perfect (applicable) solution in this situation. As for comparisons, I think it's more like buying a car with turbo engine and regular front lights and then get a proposal to purchase the module which will make the LED lamps in the front lights work. But noone said that the LED lamps were there in the first place. In my opinion you shouldn't underestimate the fact that you got a H4D upgrade for free. It's still a turbo engine car which you can enjoy.

jduncan

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 08:08:27 am »

;d

I believe insisting on details is not prudent and can lead to situation of defamation or slander. Besides it's not constructive and gives nothing to the forum.
Some times I can understand that Mr Freak can do comments that are inappropriate or whatever, but in this case the comment is valid. Even if it was not the case, that's no reason for turning the forum into a gossip one.

In the other hand I believe Hasselblad took the best decision  for the clients. The new features were not part of the H4D. The only one that was is the high resolution back and only for the H4D-60.
So It's normal to pay for a hardware feature like a double resolution display. Also it was normal to pay for the update from H3D to H4D.

Hasselblad just found a way to update some users for free. Both the first time and the second.  This is great.

Insist: Nothing is missing from your H4D. The new tech was never part of the package

Best regards,

James
english is not my first language, an I k

jecxz

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 09:01:45 am »

James, after finding out how bad the situation was for Mr. Freak, I sincerely felt sorry for him and I will not repeat it here. But his anger and antagonism is not appropriate. As a former dealer, I'm sure he agreed to keep matters confidential or professional, but his repetitive barrage of taunts and nasty jabs demonstrates that he can't control himself. It's very sad.

I do agree with you too, I wish him well and I hope he, and his family, are going to be ok after what happened.

;d

I believe insisting on details is not prudent and can lead to situation of defamation or slander. Besides it's not constructive and gives nothing to the forum.
Some times I can understand that Mr Freak can do comments that are inappropriate or whatever, but in this case the comment is valid. Even if it was not the case, that's no reason for turning the forum into a gossip one.

In the other hand I believe Hasselblad took the best decision  for the clients. The new features were not part of the H4D. The only one that was is the high resolution back and only for the H4D-60.
So It's normal to pay for a hardware feature like a double resolution display. Also it was normal to pay for the update from H3D to H4D.

Hasselblad just found a way to update some users for free. Both the first time and the second.  This is great.

Insist: Nothing is missing from your H4D. The new tech was never part of the package

Best regards,

James

design_freak

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 11:01:25 am »

Still do not feel the essence of the problem. Sold a quantity of equipment, then someone had the idea to give customers an upgrade to the latest model for free. Someone invented it counted and that the cheapest will replace body. (DB will be the same). The problem comes at a time when normal camera H4D50 "from the production line" is different. DB has already a different display, electronics. Then comes the problem, because between the customer and the company is incorporated agreement. And regardless of whether the customer gets something for free or must pay for it. So from a legal point, this agreement was not kept. Client got for free or bought H4D50 that is not full-fledged H4D50. Anyway, Hasselblad admits to this himself, that just upload the new firmware. On one hand, not nice to treat the customer, on the other hand someone's irresponsibility. These things are tasty morsel for lawyers. Solve this problem could be in many ways. Even a small change in terminology. It is through such reckless moves I have now problems.
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 11:06:52 am »

James, after finding out how bad the situation was for Mr. Freak, I sincerely felt sorry for him and I will not repeat it here. But his anger and antagonism is not appropriate. As a former dealer, I'm sure he agreed to keep matters confidential or professional, but his repetitive barrage of taunts and nasty jabs demonstrates that he can't control himself. It's very sad.

I do agree with you too, I wish him well and I hope he, and his family, are going to be ok after what happened.

;d

Derek,
Please pass greetings to Sven :)
Best regards,
DF

jecxz

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 12:07:10 pm »

I do not know any Sven, sorry. I am not a Hasselblad employee and I am not paid by Hasselblad or work for them (I'm guessing Sven is a name of someone there). You never know, I may switch to Minolta tomorrow ;)

Look, in light of what James said above, I do not want to say any words that will cause anger or alarm. I wish the best for you and your family, no more fighting.

;d

Derek,
Please pass greetings to Sven :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up