Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad firmware update for H4D-40 and H4D-50 - updated screen etc...  (Read 16050 times)

NikolaBorissov

• http://www.nikolaborissov.com

http://www.hasselblad.com/promotions/h4d-40--h4d-50.aspx

Best of all? They are using my humble images for that...Oh joy :)

Can't wait to get my hands on the update, though...

design_freak

Best of all? They are using my humble images for that...Oh joy :)

Can't wait to get my hands on the update, though...

Congratulations, very nice picture!
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

It was supposed to change something, yet still shows us what will happen in the future, not what it is. I hope that this time we stand up to the task and there will be no delays. All the time the producers want to sell us a "pie in the sky". Is not it time to change the approach to the customer?

BR
Best regards,
DF

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One

It was supposed to change something, yet still shows us what will happen in the future, not what it is. I hope that this time we stand up to the task and there will be no delays. All the time the producers want to sell us a "pie in the sky". Is not it time to change the approach to the customer?

BR

*Sigh*

For those of you more interested in facts as opposed to cryptic postings, then please go to the link mentioned earlier!

Essentially, those of you with 40 and 50's will enjoy the benefits we introduced recently on the 60, including the higher res screen!

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

design_freak

*Sigh*

For those of you more interested in facts as opposed to cryptic postings, then please go to the link mentioned earlier!

Essentially, those of you with 40 and 50's will enjoy the benefits we introduced recently on the 60, including the higher res screen!

David

David,
I know.
But I mean it's better to show products that are ready. Even in the case of software. The publication date is not a good idea. History has shown that it is difficult to meet the deadline. But I know I whine. I keep my fingers crossed that this has been done on time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:03:57 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

sflxn

Wait, is Hasselblad saying existing H4D-40 and 50 actually have the high res screens and we'll get a firmware update to enable it?

• Capture One

Wait, is Hasselblad saying existing H4D-40 and 50 actually have the high res screens and we'll get a firmware update to enable it?

Yes.
David Grover

design_freak

YES  :o
In advertising boast that Santa Claus will come to you at 1 December, and run it as long ago you bought:)
Best regards,
DF

evgeny

Yes.

Technical specification says: H4D-40 Color display is a 3 inch TFT type, 24 bit color, 460x320 pixels.
Interesting how the number of pixels may change using firmware update? ;D

sflxn

Well, this is very interesting.  The low res P&S like screen was probably my biggest complaint with the H4D-50.

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
Re: Hasselblad firmware update for H4D-40 and H4D-50 - updated screen etc...
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 10:47:50 pm »

From my understanding, the displays in the 40 and 50 have been capable of the higher resolution, but the speed trade-offs from increased processing power required to render the image postponed the feature; a smart move in my opinion instead of releasing the firmware too early...

So the R&D have had the benefit of tweaking the rendering algorithms so the older display chips can at least perform reasonably well and provide the owner with a great result. Pretty cool.

Another example of adding more value to the equipment after the sale = better customer experience. We should encourage more value as a best practice; independent of the badge on the camera.

Going to be tough to hear complaints about this one...

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

BrendanStewart

• http://www.symbolphoto.com
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 10:42:41 am »

Any chance the H3DII has this screen? And if so would it trickle down that far?

Damn, i really need to upgrade to a H4D. I'm missing the party.

Willow Photography

• http://www.willow.no
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 09:05:35 am »

Question for David Grover

I am happy that the LCD gets more resolution.
BUT why is the preview picture on that hi res LCD
so crapy when it comes to colours?

Skin look like dirty magenta mush compared to Nikon and Canon!!

Are there any plans to get the colours more correct on the LCD??

Willow Photography

design_freak

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 09:05:37 am »

Question to David Grover:

http://www.hasselblad.com/upgrade
"*Firmware upgrades listed above will not be able to be ported to the H4D-31 or CFV 39/50. H4D-50 customers, who have upgraded from the H3DII-50, can have their camera further upgraded with a new digital back unit including new electronics and display for MRSP 1.990€ excl. VAT. This offer is valid until March 31, 2012 "

We assume that this incident took place:
Assuming that I bought "H3DII50" shortly before the announcement, "H4D". I was offered free udgrade to "H4D50." I made this exchange. Now it turns out that my camera is not H4D50. It offers me a replacement for 1990Euro +Tax . Generally I am not cool with that. David, do not you think I should get it for free?

Thank you in advance for your reply

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:11:03 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

• Capture One
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 04:15:53 am »

Question for David Grover

I am happy that the LCD gets more resolution.
BUT why is the preview picture on that hi res LCD
so crapy when it comes to colours?

Skin look like dirty magenta mush compared to Nikon and Canon!!

Are there any plans to get the colours more correct on the LCD??

Hi Willow,

We don't usually get any complaints regarding the colours on the LCD.  Is it worth comparing with another H4D?  Also, is this with a custom white balance or with a preset?

David
David Grover

design_freak

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 12:32:02 pm »

I understand that my question is difficult
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:47:22 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 03:51:32 pm »

Normally you would take this up with your dealer and see if he can do something for you.

This is what I think has happened. Probably in the upgrade from H3D50 towards H4D50 the body is changed but not the back. The newer backs have the right hardware where as the older does not. At the moment of the previous upgrade towards the H4D this was no issue since there was no intent or possibility to facilitate the higher res screen. After this HB found a way to take use of the hardware which changed this.

Now sure you can make a big deal out of it. Maybe HB should have made the upgrade initially much more expensive and also changed the hardware in the back in the first place even though it would have made no sense at that time? How would people react if HB never did find a way to use the higher res and had people pay for changing something that was unnecessary and only added costs?

Sure I can understand people are disappointed.

Anyway, speculation on my side naturally but this is what I think is what happened. Now if you really want the higher res you simply have to cough up the extra money to also change the hardware in your back. Nobody is twisting your arm here. If I do something for someone I would like to get paid too, as does everybody...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:57:00 pm by Dustbak »

design_freak

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 04:21:41 pm »

Normally you would take this up with your dealer and see if he can do something for you.

This is what I think has happened. Probably in the upgrade from H3D50 towards H4D50 the body is changed but not the back. The newer backs have the right hardware where as the older does not. At the moment of the previous upgrade towards the H4D this was no issue since there was no intent or possibility to facilitate the higher res screen. After this HB found a way to take use of the hardware which changed this.

Now sure you can make a big deal out of it. Maybe HB should have made the upgrade initially much more expensive and also changed the hardware in the back in the first place even though it would have made no sense at that time? How would people react if HB never did find a way to use the higher res and had people pay for changing something that was unnecessary and only added costs?

Sure I can understand people are disappointed.

Anyway, speculation on my side naturally but this is what I think is what happened. Now if you really want the higher res you simply have to cough up the extra money to also change the hardware in your back. Nobody is twisting your arm here. If I do something for someone I would like to get paid too, as does everybody...

I understand everything. I bought H3DII50, got H4D50 (listed the same body), I just do not pay for it. But unfortunately there were those who had to pay for it also  2 thousand euros. I can not see this problem in order to spend another 2 thousand euro on a whim a better display. The problem is that someone sold me a story that I get H4D50, and now it turns out that I have indeed H4D but not entirely wholesome. And as if nothing had happened, trying to pull me in two thousand.  The user who in good faith has paid for the exchange of two thousand euro may now feel cheated.I do not understand how Hasselblad can do such stupid moves. I feel disgusted.
Best regards,
DF

nazdravanul

• Stefan Iacob - visual artist
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

I understand everything. I bought H3DII50, got H4D50 (listed the same body), I just do not pay for it. But unfortunately there were those who had to pay for it also  2 thousand euros. I can not see this problem in order to spend another 2 thousand euro on a whim a better display. The problem is that someone sold me a story that I get H4D50, and now it turns out that I have indeed H4D but not entirely wholesome. And as if nothing had happened, trying to pull me in two thousand.  The user who in good faith has paid for the exchange of two thousand euro may now feel cheated.I do not understand how Hasselblad can do such stupid moves. I feel disgusted.

So, let me get this straight : you're bitching because you got 2000 EURO worth of charity.... just once ? And you also feel disgusted about it ? I understand this, I would also feel disgusted if I were you ... about myself.

design_freak

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 04:42:37 pm »

So, let me get this straight : you're bitching because you got 2000 EURO worth of charity.... just once ? And you also feel disgusted about it ? I understand this, I would also feel disgusted if I were you ... about myself.

Charity??!
You probably do not understand. But they did not give me this out of love. But In order that I was feeling good that they care about me. Just give me something that is not what was supposed to be. Already it pisses me off. And the one who pay for it, must be seriously pissed off. The same behavior is arrogant. - Still trying to pull someone. Sell ​​the same thing again.
Best regards,
DF
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up