Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for Mamiya RZ kit bag  (Read 1739 times)

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
Recommendations for Mamiya RZ kit bag
« on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:30 am »

I've been to Calumet UK to look for a bag for my RZ (2 lenses, 2 back and a polaroid back) and I'm just not impressed with anything. I do mostly location shoots and work out of a Lowe large backpack for my 35 digital stuff and a smaller Lowe back pack for my 4x5 work. I'm finding that all the Lowe bags are not deep enough to properly fit the RZ body. Does anyone have any suggestions? I used to use a Lightware 1620 but its not really usable for quick location work.
Thanks

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Recommendations for Mamiya RZ kit bag
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:17:51 am »

Did you inspect the Lowe Pro Roller? There also is a very similar "calumet" version.

Cheers, Ulf

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 06:43:32 am »

I'm having the same problem. I need something light. Right now the RZ with prism finder, and 4 lenses is in a pelican case. I bet its close to 50lbs. It's too bad I can't really take the camera into the mountains.

neilwatson

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:10:40 pm »

I also need to find a way to get my RZ kit outside.  At the moment use only inside.  Great camera and great possibilities if I can work out a way of easily taking it outside.  This camera is crying out to be used more.

MBat

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 06:56:54 pm »

I would suggest going to Calumet, and getting one of their end of stock Lowepro Commercial bags; takes an RZ with winder, prism, digi back and film back and 3..4 lenses (180, 110, 50, 65 - probably not 4x500mm's...)and  some accessories .

I would suggest this, but I know they don't have any left, as I bought them all....
Sorry.

BTW; mind your back lifting that lot.

Mark B

EdSawyer

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:30:57 am »

I use a Lowe Magnum AW. It holds the RZ with prism, back, Winder II, L-grip, and the 110mm, all fitted together. Then there's also space for 3 more lenses, usually something like 37, 50ULD, and 140M/LA or 210 APO, each in their own pouch. In the side pockets I have the polaroid back, 3 hoods, a spare film back, and the 1.4x teleconverter. It's heavy but manageable for short hikes and such.  Can take pics of it if need be.

-Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up