Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Copyright Watermark in LR3  (Read 2292 times)

John MacLean

• John MacLean Photography
Simple Copyright Watermark in LR3
« on: August 30, 2011, 04:02:51 pm »

is there a way to get my IPTC copyright info, which is "© year johnmaclean.com", into a Web Gallery watermark like the Simple Copyright Watermark has, but be able to edit the font style and size? I want the year to be visible, without me having to select yearly groups of images and pre-make JPGs with a custom watermark, like I did in THIS facebook album. This would allow me to work directly from my DNG files rather than first create sized JPGs with the watermarks, reimport those and re-JPG them in a Web Gallery.

Thanks,
John

Nacnud

• www.wild-landscapes.co.uk
Re: Simple Copyright Watermark in LR3
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:23 am »

I use the Mogrify plugin.
All the watermarks in this gallery are taken from IPTC data in the image - which works well as there are several photographers and they all get their name on their images.

John MacLean

• John MacLean Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:34:49 pm »

I guess I should have clarified that I'm creating the Web Gallery in LR3 and I don't want to have to export a set of sized JPGs and bring them back into LR for the gallery creation. It seems your suggestion is just for exporting out of LR?

Thanks,
John

Nacnud

• www.wild-landscapes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:46:18 am »

Yes it is....
It's not ideal, but you could tweak the watermarking export to place them in a suitable subfolder already registered in Lightroom. So you wouldn't have to import them back in to LR as they would already be there ready to be made into a gallery. So it would be one extra mouse click.

An alternative is to re-think way you prepare and upload your images.
I used to create galleries on my PC and them upload them similar to what you are doing, but haven't done that for years. It's quick and easy to get the galleries in place, but it relies on your PC (and only your PC) doing the work and it's painful adding/removing images from an uploaded gallery (especially if your PC goes pop and you've lost the original).

The gallery I pointed you to is served by Coppermine Photo Gallery; free server side software. There is no dependency on my computer and I can bulk upload new galleries which use the meta data to title and tag the images.
Another alternative is to pay for an image hosting environment which does exactly the same thing as Coppermine, with no setting up or maintenance hassles. There are lots of them around; my own website is hosted by SmugMug which has seamless integration with Lightroom; I pick the images in LR and they magically appear on my website - it doesn't get easier than that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up